New to the forum and new tank build!

Willapa

Well the IM 20 has been set up for 3 yrs and busting at the seams with growth. Can't bring myself to give things a trim. Due to having the baby and limited funds, setting up an "evil" growout tank in the basement to tide me over til I can splurge on a custom display. But trying to purchase gear that will transfer over when the time comes.

Here's what I've bought so far:

2' x 4' x 10" frag tank from zoomed

Glass holes.com 700 gph overflow

Trigger ruby 36 sump

Reef Octopus various 6 DC return pump

Mp40

Apex controller from the old tank

Busted out the ole Sunsystems metal halide fixture collecting dust and put in a 250 w Hamilton MH lamp. We'll se how it goes. The color is beautiful.

Ordered all of my plumbing and manifold parts last week so that is the next step. Have 40 lbs of BRS pukani curing as well.

Any recommendations on a skimmer? Right now looking at a Skimz SM 163 DC. The future display would't exceed 100 gallons.

Here are some pics. I'll lower the reflector once the tank is going.

63e1d05e0eb892847934fe4b545f4a2f.jpg

52a887bb73f991332c25e35b6107dce6.jpgd5aa2d7807fba56db46493ce341c505e.jpg95455301dee0b85fe09fc495c8e8bacf.jpg40aae6949346200ae6437aee292aaf96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They retail for $108 bucks! Pretty amazing. Got lucky and found they keep them in stock at Wet Spot off Sandy. They had a 10% off sale too. The quality is OK, probably 1/4" glass, untempered, black silicone. Drilling was a breeze.

They retail for $108 bucks! Pretty amazing. Got lucky and found they keep them in stock at Wet Spot off Sandy. They had a 10% off sale too. The quality is OK, probably 1/4" glass, untempered, black silicone. Drilling was a breeze.

Wow that's a pretty good deal! Thanks for the tip!