Site Is Going Down Tuesday March 7!!!!

Emerald525

1 minute ago, Flashy Fins said:

And I'm certain it was working before, and not just on the beta site, but on the real site. I edited a few posts yesterday with no issues. 

I thought that was the case as well... thanks for confirming.  Time to wait for the "pros from Dover" (he says, hence dating himself).

Ok... weird but I just tried to edit this post to correct the open ellipse and I can't get it to work.  Comes up with editing box with no content. I know I have edited posts before in the beta testing so not sure what is up.  It shows the post as having been edited (I added a reason for edit and saved) but the text itself was never available to edit.  Will try again with this post.

I have seen a long delay periodically when editing until the text pops up.

Next time try waiting a minute or two, for curiosity sake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just tried to edit Sean's post to see what that does and it let me give me a reason to edit (I said "Just for fun"), but did not let me see the text of his post in order to edit it.  I'm just trying to make things more complicated here.

Could be a delay. For testing sake give it a minute or 2 and see if eventually loads.

20 minutes ago, ChrisQ said:

Is there a view new content button i'm missing?

Hey Chris - there are a couple of options for this.  On the full site there is an "Unread Content" option under the Activity Tab or the "Total Activity" option that shows you all the recent posting in chronological order.. which is pretty slick.  On the mobile site, there is an icon at the top that looks sort of like a web page that is a direct link to the unread content (it is next to the magnifying glass for search).  You can also navigate via the pop up menu to the Activity options.

Hope that helps.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TheClark said:

Hey you tagged me, how @Flashy Fins?

Same way you attempted to tag me; not sure why it didn't work for you. After you typed the @ symbol and began to type my username, did you see a list of names pop up? I selected you from the options given as I typed your name. @TheClark - I'm trying it now without actually clicking on your name, to see if it fails with me just typing @ and your username. 

7 minutes ago, TheClark said:

Could be a delay. For testing sake give it a minute or 2 and see if eventually loads.

Well, several minutes so far and nothing coming up.  Same on the mobile site.  I can leave it open and see if it eventually does load but definitely behaving differently than it was... which was pretty much instantaneous on the beta.

Just now, albertareef said:

Well, several minutes so far and nothing coming up.  Same on the mobile site.  I can leave it open and see if it eventually does load but definitely behaving differently than it was... which was pretty much instantaneous on the beta.

Same for me. No amount of waiting causes it to load, whereas before, it was instantaneous. I also did not to give a reason for editing before. 

Thanks for trying

That's no good. Picking up family at airport will check out later tonight

Editing posts like crazy in tapatalk :)

Just now, albertareef said:

Ok... as soon as I posted this, the edit function populated on the full site!  Perhaps something to do with a forced screen refresh?  Still nothing on the mobile site..

4 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Ok... as soon as I posted this, the edit function populated on the full site!  Perhaps something to do with a forced screen refresh?  Still nothing on the mobile site..

Was unable to duplicate by just doing a "reload" of the page - which actually just kicked me out of the edit mode.  Puzzled.

3 hours ago, albertareef said:

Hey Chris - there are a couple of options for this.  On the full site there is an "Unread Content" option under the Activity Tab or the "Total Activity" option that shows you all the recent posting in chronological order.. which is pretty slick.  On the mobile site, there is an icon at the top that looks sort of like a web page that is a direct link to the unread content (it is next to the magnifying glass for search).  You can also navigate via the pop up menu to the Activity options.

Hope that helps.

Also forgot the quick link to Unread Content on the full site that is underneath the tabs on the right hand side in line with the navigation bread crumbs.  Would have added this to the original post but, as you may have noticed, editing is not our friend right now.. But now it's back! On both the mobile and full site!

Edited by albertareef