Site Is Going Down Tuesday March 7!!!!

Emerald525

1 hour ago, TheClark said:

Good question, checking it out...

Hmmm.  I think it prompts you about the notification push when you first load the page.  I actually really like that feature. I will turn on the speakers and toggle the sound feature to see if I can replicate Holly's problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gil&Fin said:

Okay...how about this one.  I keep getting audible notifications on my desktop when someone posts to this thread.  I can't seem to turn it off even thought I've disabled all notifications in my Notification Settings.  The only thing I can figure is that on that same Notification Setting page, I have the following message.  How do I get rid of it?

Browser notifications enabled

Your browser has enabled desktop notifications, allowing us to tell you when there's new content even if you aren't active in this window.

Did something like this pop up when you logged into the new site?

58bf4c36a6f73_ScreenShot2017-03-07at4_10_57PM.png.a263ba3c710c60c303db86dbd733f559.png

If so, this is a browser feature.  In Chrome, as an example, you would need to go to Settings, click 'Show advanced settings…', then under Privacy, click Content Settings, then under Notifications, click Manage Exceptions.

58bf4ce125cfa_ScreenShot2017-03-07at4_14_11PM.png.b4e94c140538b0e3ef794d509f123a82.png

The site should be determining whether it makes a sound or not, AFAIK.  Seems like that part is broken.

Edited by zondebok

30 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Hmmm.  I think it prompts you about the notification push when you first load the page.  I actually really like that feature. I will turn on the speakers and toggle the sound feature to see if I can replicate Holly's problem.

Well, I toggled the sound off and did not get any audible alter when the next notification came through. Will toggle it back on and see what happens.

36 minutes ago, zondebok said:

Did something like this pop up when you logged into the new site?

58bf4c36a6f73_ScreenShot2017-03-07at4_10_57PM.png.a263ba3c710c60c303db86dbd733f559.png

If so, this is a browser feature.  In Chrome, as an example, you would need to go to Settings, click 'Show advanced settings…', then under Privacy, click Content Settings, then under Notifications, click Manage Exceptions.

58bf4ce125cfa_ScreenShot2017-03-07at4_14_11PM.png.b4e94c140538b0e3ef794d509f123a82.png

The site should be determining whether it makes a sound or not, AFAIK.  Seems like that part is broken.

Brilliant!  I went to Advance Setting in my Microsoft Edge browser and found an "on/off" toggle for pnwmas.org.  Just turned it off.  I'm sure that will work!  Thank you.

And thanks to Jeremy and Sean for working on the problem, too.  You guys rock!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gil&Fin said:

Brilliant!  I went to Advance Setting in my Microsoft Edge browser and found an "on/off" toggle for pnwmas.org.  Just turned it off.  I'm sure that will work!  Thank you.

And thanks to Jeremy and Sean for working on the problem, too.  You guys rock!

Glad to see that worked Holly.  I toggled the sound feature on/off in my PNWMAS settings and it behaved accordingly so I was able to get the notifications without the sound. This was Safari on OS10.9.5 FWIW.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheClark said:

Thanks for all the beta testing help Sean, it made a big difference on the rollout today.  MUCH APPRECIATED!

You are most welcome Jeremy. Glad it was helpful. Actually it was fun and kind of cool to get an early look. Just messing with Andrew a bit?

• Like 1

I just noticed that the header menu requires 2 click instead of just 1 click to work.  1st click move the highlight and 2nd click load the page.  This is minor but would be nice to be just a single click to load the page instead of 2 steps process. :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, danlu_gt said:

I just noticed that the header menu requires 2 click instead of just 1 click to work.  1st click move the highlight and 2nd click load the page.  This is minor but would be nice to be just a single click to load the page instead of 2 steps process. :)

Hmm.  Not seeing this on my end.  Logo/Banner is single click to load page. Other header options are either a direct load (notifications, messages) or a drop down (create, profile options).  Tab navigation takes to directly to the page or to drop downs and highlights with pointer.  Maybe I am missing something?  What platform/OS are you using Daniel? I can try and recreate if I have the right combo.

Hmm.  Not seeing this on my end.  Logo/Banner is single click to load page. Other header options are either a direct load (notifications, messages) or a drop down (create, profile options).  Tab navigation takes to directly to the page or to drop downs and highlights with pointer.  Maybe I am missing something?  What platform/OS are you using Daniel? I can try and recreate if I have the right combo.

I'm running Windows 10 with chrome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, danlu_gt said:

I'm running Windows 10 with chrome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thanks Daniel.  So, I can reproduce this problem (need to double click on tabs to open pages) in Win 8 with Chrome but it works fine on 7.  I don't have a 10 build handy right now but obviously there is something that isn't behaving consistently with the navigation.  Jeremy or Jay could you perhaps log this on the issues list as confirmed (if you haven't already, of course.

Thanks!

Edited by albertareef
grammer

2 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Thanks Daniel.  So, I can reproduce this problem (need to double click on tabs to open pages) in Win 8 with Chrome but it works fine on 7.  I don't have a 10 build handy right now but obviously there is something that isn't behaving consistently with the navigation.  Jeremy or Jay could you perhaps log this on the issues list as confirmed (if you haven't already, of course.

Thanks!

Ok... weird but I just tried to edit this post to correct the open ellipse and I can't get it to work.  Comes up with editing box with no content. I know I have edited posts before in the beta testing so not sure what is up.  It shows the post as having been edited (I added a reason for edit and saved) but the text itself was never available to edit.  Will try again with this post.

Edited by albertareef
test

Just now, albertareef said:

Ok... weird but I just tried to edit this post to correct the open ellipse and I can't get it to work.  Comes up with editing box with no content. I know I have edited posts before in the beta testing so not sure what is up.  It shows the post as having been edited (I added a reason for edit and saved) but the text itself was never available to edit.  Will try again with this post.

Same issue.  Argh!

I just tried to edit Sean's post to see what that does and it let me give me a reason to edit (I said "Just for fun"), but did not let me see the text of his post in order to edit it.  I'm just trying to make things more complicated here.

• Like 2