Site Is Going Down Tuesday March 7!!!!

Emerald525

We have no choice we have to upgrade and TheClark and Chief are working hard to make the transition go as smooth as possible!

They are doing this on their own free time and without them there would be no forum!!

There will likely. be glitches so bear with us!????

And yes I know you may get a little twitchy not being able to post! I will too! ????

Good news is we have the Facebook page so check there for updates:

Here are the details:

Here are the challenges:

- The upgrade is two parts.

Part 1: IPB support migrates our existing site.

Part 2: Chief and I take over and work the punchlist of items from the beta site

- Part 1 cannot be prescheduled.

So we plan to ask late Monday night, after 10pm. On the hopes they will start on it overnight (not likely, but possible).

Realistically, expect the site to be down anytime from 10pm Monday night to some time Wednesday.

We are going to do all we can to minimize downtime, but that is the reality of the situation. It's a good sized job with multiple participants.

Part 2 will be several hours but at least under our control.

- Site index rebuild

Our site is huge, with tons of posts and data. After the upgrade that data has to be re-indexed and rebuilt under the new system. This could take days, and search may not work well until that is completed. We cannot do much about this other than wait.

• Like 4

Thanks for your patience!

We will do all we can to bring it back quickly and work through any new issues.  

We have been testing with a beta version of the site and can honestly say the feedback is positive.  The update looks really good.

• Like 3

Thanks for your patience!

We will do all we can to bring it back quickly and work through any new issues.

We have been testing with a beta version of the site and can honestly say the feedback is positive. The update looks really good.

Thanks for all the prep work Jeremy. Agreed - lots to like on the new platform. I think people will be pleased (knocking on wood). At the very least, picture posting is sweet!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zoolander said:

It appears I have the lowest reputation in this thread. Who do I have to pay to bump that up a notch?

Interesting choice of words -- "reputation".  That's got to be wrong because that would give Kim a way better reputation than anyone else, and that can't be right.  :happy:

• Like 3