• 120deg single large optical lens to prevent disco ball effect
  • Optical lens can be adjust for change of light spread

5 Channels individual controllable, 10 3W LEDs per channel

• Ch1:  Royal Blue 450nm
  • Ch2: Mix Royal Blue and White 4000K
  • Ch3: Mix UV1 395nm and UV2 420nm
  • Ch4: Mix Deep Red and Cyan
  • Ch5: Royal Blue 450nm

5 User Programmable modes:  Sunrise, MidDay, Sunset, Night, and Moon.

• Also allow temporary user override mode
  • User programmable ramp/dimming rate per mode
  • Random cloud coverage during MidDay optional
  • Peak hours with increase intensity during MidDay optional
  • Adjustable cooling fan speed for different environments

Program and control with any mobile device with any web browser.  Android APP also available.

Web interface:
reefi_gui-702x1024.png

Here's a quick comparison to Kessil:
1) ReeFi LED max at 150w, Kessil a160 is only max at 40w
2) ReeFi LED 5 channels individually controllable, Kessil a160 only 2
3) ReeFi LED built-in WiFi works with any mobile device/laptop, Kessil need additional external controller
4) ReeFi LED can run on user set program (sunrise, midday, sunset, night, moon) and can ramp automatically, Kessil is only manual control
5) ReeFi LED has adjusted optical lens, Kessil fixed optical lens.

Closest equivalent to ReeFi LED is Kessil top of the line AP700. ReeFi LED is $300, Kessil AP700 is $895!

Edited by danlu_gt
fix link

ReeFi Mounting Kits are live on ReeFi shop online!

http://www.reefi-lab.com/index.php/shop/

There are 2 types of mounting kit available.

1. Complete Custom Mount:  Custom made, pipe bent to your specified height and depth, then painted black.
  2. DIY Mount Kit:  Same as above but without the bent pipe.  Instructions, link to material/tools, and youtube video are on product page.

20170307_090020.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/27/2017 at 10:16 AM, danlu_gt said:

Yes for softies and LPS. For sps, I would recommend 2 units.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Hey Dan, considering a ReeFi for my 40b, why don't you recommend it for a SPS? Not getting enough PAR at the bottom?

Hey Dan, considering a ReeFi for my 40b, why don't you recommend it for a SPS? Not getting enough PAR at the bottom?

ReeFi LEDs are design for SPS in mind. The question was how many ReeFi LED are required. For softies and LPS, 1 unit covering 36"x36" is good. For SPS in same 36"x36" tank, 2 ReeFi LEDs is recommended. This is because when sps grow into colonies, they will self shadowing each other and themselves with overlapping branches. 2 ReeFi LEDs will help overcome this issue. PAR level is more than enough with a single unit. With LPS and softies, they tend to sway with water motion so self shadowing is not a major problem.

• Like 2

New firmware Ver 1.5 is available.

• Fixed bugs introduced with last major web GUI from Ver 1.3x.
  • Fixed crashes caused by timer conflict.
  • Reduced memory usage.

To update, from browser, goto “http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/firmware.html”, where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the ip address of your ReeFi LED.  When downloading new firmware, ReeFi LED will flash blue LED several times follow by 3 rapid flashes when successful.

http://www.reefi-lab.com/index.php/reefi-news/

• 1 month later...

I've just updated ReeFi LED firmware to Ver 1.52.

The new web based GUI crashes mostly with iOS devices.  After debugging, I found out the cause.  When sending web commands to change ReeFi LED settings, I didn’t tell the LEDs to send an acknowledge cmd back to the browser. For the most part, Android/PC browsers will just do nothing if no acknowledge cmd were received. However, iOS platform will keep sending the requests back to the LED multiple times very fast.  To the point where iOS browsers would crash ReeFi LED unit. It’s kinda like the ping of death when hackers try to crash your network.  This new firmware update will prevent iOS browsers from sending the same request multiple times.

http://www.reefi-lab.com/index.php/reefi-news/

Side note:  I wish Apple would just use the same Webkit library as everyone else, instead of their own version.  That would make life so much easier for developers!

• 2 months later...
On 8/7/2017 at 0:18 AM, pdxmonkeyboy said:

Have you thought about making a non pendant style light? From everything i have seen the pendants have such hot spots.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes, I'm working on moving production out of my garage and redesigning the looks.  Will have more details soon.

• Like 1

Nice! Aluminum skins would be really nice as well, and yes, i understand that involves a whole lot of designing and sourcing.
I have heard more than once "for that much coin i dont want printed plastic housings"

Not trying to be wet blanket, just relaying feedback.

On 8/8/2017 at 7:14 PM, pdxmonkeyboy said:

Nice! Aluminum skins would be really nice as well, and yes, i understand that involves a whole lot of designing and sourcing.
I have heard more than once "for that much coin i dont want printed plastic housings"

Not trying to be wet blanket, just relaying feedback.

I like the printed look. I also think that the lights are an excellent value. You won't find that kind of power for $300 anywhere else.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2017 at 9:22 AM, Lexinverts said:

I like the printed look. I also think that the lights are an excellent value. You won't find that kind of power for $300 anywhere else.

I agree, Daniel's lights are a a deal and a half. Planning on running ReeFi on my next build.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2017 at 6:55 PM, danlu_gt said:

Yes, I'm working on moving production out of my garage and redesigning the looks.  Will have more details soon.

Can't wait to see what you come up with. It would be nice to have some other form factors available to more easily accommodate different tank shapes but with the same great features.  

• Like 1

On 8/15/2017 at 11:06 AM, danlu_gt said:

I'm still need to finalize a couple more suppliers than I'll plan a factory visit trip in the fall the get production going.

I still have a few more 3D printed ReeFi LEDs in my garage.

Ooh, can you ask them about the Luxeons? You still need to see my LED color combo sometime!