PNWMAS March Meeting

When: Saturday March 18

2pm to 5pm

Where: Roy (aka Stylaster)

244 Sparks Drive

Kelso Washington, 98626

What: Tank Tour and Talk

"How to Ship Corals"

You are in luck! Roy has been a longtime member and former president of this club and has had a lot of experience in this hobby!

He was one of the speakers at the most recent Bob Moore Frag Swap about his trips to Fiji!

He is also a clam expert for all of you clam lovers out there! :icon_bow:

His SPS dominant tank is well worth the trip alone. Here is his build thread:

http://www.pnwmas.org/topic/34556-stylaster-312-gallon-sps-reef/

There will be food! There will be fun! There will be frag swapping!

As always there will be a raffle!

For those of you who wanted to get some expert tips on how to ship corals! Now is your chance!

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

This will be one big shindig, with all the different coral hobbyists from north and south it will be a reefer central. I heard somewhere that Roy might have some killer rock anemones up for grabs too and I might need another one of those, he has a few tanks in his house so who knows what could be in there right? I think it sounds like its gonna be another sweet PNWMAS meeting.

• Like 3

I just signed up to the forum and haven't been to a meeting yet, looking like a good one to come to. Do you just come on up or have to rsvp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay welcome! You may just show up! Rsvp is helpful to get a head count but reefers in general appear to be a noncommittal sort of group. :) Typically we only have 7 or 8 people actually RSVP and end up with 30 , 40 or 50 people! :)

How about another raffle item ? You have been hearing s lot about this little garage operation. It may not look like much on the outside but Terry has been doing his research and has bringing in some nice corsls . His prices are excellent too. He has an awesome seahorse tank too that's worth the trip!

We will have two 25 dollar gift certificates to Seahorse Aquarium which can get you a lot!!

• Like 1

Let's not forget about the march meeting with the forum upgrade!  We have some awesome raffle prizes!

So far you could win an MP10WQD. These are awesome!

You can also win a 50 dollar gift certificate to Pacific corals! (Roy's business and you're going to be right there in his house to use it!)

There will also be 2 25 dollar gift certificates to Seahorse Aquarium (located in the NE) so when you are driving back from Roy's you can stop by!

Next we have 2 gift certificates to Molokos. Molokos is a great little bar located in the NE Portland

moloko is located on N.Mississippi in Portland Oregon : Outdoor heated patio : Happy Hour 4-7 Every Day

Why would a saltwater forum be sponsored by a bar you may ask? Well when you walk through the door you will understand. Christian has multiple amazing tanks to see!

moloko_tank_i3-920x483.jpg

• Like 2

How about another raffle item?  How about a 50 dollar gift certificate to Barrier Reef. This is a great shop located in Redmond! Cy is a great guy to deal with too!Those of you coming from the North can try to stop back on the way back! If you are ever in the Seattle it is definitely worth a stop. It's a small store but packed with lots of awesome corals and fish. Many of you probably saw Cy at the Bob Moore Frag Swap.

https://www.barrierreefaquariums.com/

• Like 2

It looks like we are going to have a great turnout! Seeing Stylaster's tank and all the coral goodies would be enough but we have raffle prizes galore!

How about a 25 dollar regal movie pass?! :mermaid: 

This is from Rineau Marketing owned by our very own long time member Zoolander! Thanks for the generosity. :clap:

It's the generosity of members and sponsors alike that keep this place going and allow us on the board to offer you all these great prizes!

• Like 1

How about another raffle prize? :peace:

We have 2 25 dollar gift certificates to Golden Basket Reef! Rudy has been around for a long time and has some amazing corals! Many of you don't know this but his stuff is so good that some of the well known vendors such as Sexy Coral, MattV, and Jason Fox buy from him!

• Like 2

We have some of the best raffle prizes !!!

:yippee:!!!

i was saving the best for last!! Not only do you have the chance to win one vortech but two lucky people will have a chance to win an mp10wqd!!!

That's right !! We will have two Mp10WQDs!!!

Thanks again Jeff st Cuttle Fish and Corals for the good deal so we could pass it along to our members!!!

IMG_0139.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG