6 gallon. 6 months old.

Stephab1993

New to the hobby, don't even remember what the tank is called, but it has a bowed front. As you can see, it is super crowded now. I just keep getting more corals and my Kenya tree keeps growing really fast, I have about 5 frags throughout the tank that I need to take care of. The center piece with the red mushroom and xenia has been taken out of the tank. I'm still in the process of setting up a new 5 gallon take to move some stuff into. Let me know what you think. :)997a6405a6ec104e0e6410c5dbb082c9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

I second adding another piece of rock so you have more real Estate to mount coral on. Also do you have an auto top off? I think that's very important on Nanos just because swings happen so much faster with less volume of water.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

No I don't have an auto top off, but I do check on my tank daily and do a water change every week. So far everything has been happy. Only thing that is causing havoc is the emerald crab, so he will be getting a new home soon.

• Like 1

Definitely agree with getting lots more rock! You will have lots more room and options for different corals. Some people might disagree with me but I personally prefer lots and lots of live rock, my tanks are easily double the amount of rock per gallon (55 gallon has over 100 pounds)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G360AZ using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No I don't have an auto top off, but I do check on my tank daily and do a water change every week. So far everything has been happy. Only thing that is causing havoc is the emerald crab, so he will be getting a new home soon.

Don't be too nervous. I had a 5 gallon nano for 7 months before getting a 20 long. They're easy as long as you keep it simple. Mine had a pump and live rock and that's it. It grew zoas and I even had an anemone and a Cali Tort in there that grew and looked great. You just gotta stay on top of water changes and you're golden. I did 1 gallon every weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Definitely agree with getting lots more rock! You will have lots more room and options for different corals. Some people might disagree with me but I personally prefer lots and lots of live rock, my tanks are easily double the amount of rock per gallon (55 gallon has over 100 pounds)

That reminds me of my old 55.. I had 110 pounds of rock in that thing. It was just a wall of rock end to end.  I think I have about 17 pounds in my 14gal biocube right now.. 

• Like 1