New to the hobby!

t3hree6ty

As the title says I am new to the hobby and went crazy buying stuff in Petco and didn't really get any professional opinion about my nano reef tank. Now it is over crowded and after 5weeks.

Good thing I found this thread and learning a lot!

I am on my second nano since I need to separate some fishes.

Where can I buy live rocks for decent price close to hillsboro? World of wet is at 4.99/lbs and someone told me that is on the expensive side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As the title says I am new to the hobby and went crazy buying stuff in Petco and didn't really get any professional opinion about my nano reef tank. Now it is over crowded and after 5weeks.

Good thing I found this thread and learning a lot!

I am on my second nano since I need to separate some fishes.

Where can I buy live rocks for decent price close to hillsboro? World of wet is at 4.99/lbs and someone told me that is on the expensive side.

Have you considered buying dead rock? I find that to be cheaper. I just use reef accelerator to help it turn to live rock. Also, it won't come with outside parasites that way. I'm new to reefing as well and I bought both live and dead rock and put it all in the same tank.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

Have you considered buying dead rock? I find that to be cheaper. I just use reef accelerator to help it turn to live rock. Also, it won't come with outside parasites that way. I'm new to reefing as well and I bought both live and dead rock and put it all in the same tank.

Where did you get you rocks?

Where did you get you rocks?

I didn't get from one place. I got from multiple places. I got some rocks from pets a to z. And some from salt water obsessions. And I bought live sand from petco. I didn't get everything at once, so I have just accumulated over a month.