estanoche

Seattle Bob Moore Frag Swap is next weekend!

Hi Guys!

I'm absolutely fired, or as Governor Schwarzenegger would say "Terminated" for being completely behind the 8ball on posting here! Ha! But, aside from that - I hope you are all excited to attend our swap and I wanted to personally invite all of you to head up to Seattle and share in the nuthouse we call the Bob Moore Frag Swap.

Last year quite a few of you got caught in traffic through JBLM... that was honestly one of the reasons we decided to move the start time back 3 hours - to give everyone time to get to the swap when the doors open, not just the Seattle locals.

Saturday, February 18th

Doors open at 1PM - swap closes at 6PM. If you buy your tickets online you can get in at 12:30.

20 Vendors - so many frags. And even frags from you all so you can raise money for your own club!

See you there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/563759013781234/

http://www.bobmooreswap.com/

Edited by estanoche
  • Like 1

How many PNWMAS members usually attend?

Last year I know of at least 10 or 15 members that attended, but there were tons of others from the Pacific Northwest area.

PNWMAS will have a table setup for potential new members. Plus, we will be selling donated corals throughout the day.

Hope to see you there!

Sounds great! I have deliberately been holding off from buying too much this weekend and have reorganized the tank. Ready for some frags!

Hi Guys!

I'm absolutely fired, or as Governor Schwarzenegger would say "Terminated" for being completely behind the 8ball on posting here! Ha! But, aside from that - I hope you are all excited to attend our swap and I wanted to personally invite all of you to head up to Seattle and share in the nuthouse we call the Bob Moore Frag Swap.

Last year quite a few of you got caught in traffic through JBLM... that was honestly one of the reasons we decided to move the start time back 3 hours - to give everyone time to get to the swap when the doors open, not just the Seattle locals.

Saturday, February 18th

Doors open at 1PM - swap closes at 6PM. If you buy your tickets online you can get in at 12:30.

20 Vendors - so many frags. And even frags from you all so you can raise money for your own club!

See you there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/563759013781234/

http://www.bobmooreswap.com/

I was looking to buy my tickets ahead of time online. And I am confused if the family adult is for just two people or if it's for the group. We want to make it a family day and road trip up there. It would be 4 adults total, me, my brother, my boyfriend and dad. Is one adult family ticket enough?

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

From my understanding, this option: 

3463vop.jpg

Means that you can bring two or more adults in for $30 dollars total. The downfall is you only get one frag ticket, which I think were $5 dollars.

From my understanding, this option:

2crv7s0.png

Means that you can bring two or more adults in for $30 dollars total. The downfall is you only get one frag ticket, which I think were $5 dollars.

Ok, and I think there's an option to buy more frag tickets once you are there. I'm just trying to be cost effective, it's already going to cost a lot in gas to go there.

Cuttlefish and corals will be there with a beautiful frag tank, and some amazing corals!

• Like 2

This wouldn't hurt to say...but BadxGillen and I are leaving Corvallis Saturday morning. Anyone want to carpool?

I am not sure, but I remember Barrier Reef did two frags for $20 bucks and there were tons of stylophoras. 

You might even be able to find that locally.

ReeFi will be lighting the frag tanks this year at Bob Moore Frag Swap. I also do a live demo. Will also have a few units for sale.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Yay, it's almost time!  I'm moving all QT inhabitants to my display this week, so the QT is empty and ready for Bob Moore scores! 

• Like 1

I am not sure, but I remember Barrier Reef did two frags for $20 bucks and there were tons of stylophoras. 

You might even be able to find that locally.

That is great. Actually just found one, but would love a green stylo if I can find it!

ReeFi will be lighting the frag tanks this year at Bob Moore Frag Swap. I also do a live demo. Will also have a few units for sale.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I have not seen this unit before. Is it fully controllable in terms of the spectrum? Tried to look it up online but aside from the facebook page it was slim pickings in terms of info!

I have not seen this unit before. Is it fully controllable in terms of the spectrum? Tried to look it up online but aside from the facebook page it was slim pickings in terms of info!

Here are some info on my website:

http://www.reefi-lab.com/index.php/product/

Yes, you can control spectrum.  However, certain colors are tied together in the same channel so they will be controlled together.  Basically there are 5 Channels, each channels are individually controllable.  You can control and program each unit with any web browser or with my Android APP.

Ch1:  Royal Blue 450nm

Ch2:  Mix Royal Blues and White 4000K

Ch3:  Mix UV1 420nm and UV2 395nm

Ch4:  Mix Deep Red and Cyan

Ch5:  Royal Blue 450nm

Sorry, I'm a slacker on responding (I need to update my email settings!).

Family tickets; you can bring as many adults as you want who you say are part of your family. Crux is yes, only 1 raffle ticket for the frag tank we give away from. 

I will harass everyone who brings in 5 adults and claims them to be their "family" because I can, but aside from that, do as you please. Do know that we are not charging entry fees to make $$, this is to cover costs of saltwater, room rental, frags at less than what we paid, and so much more.

More $5 tickets will be for sale if you want more entries into the "wet raffle" frag tank, plus raffle tickets for sale throughout the day for other donated items (wet and dry goods).

As for what corals will be there - trust me, if it is on your list, you can find it. With 20 tanks of vendors, one will surely have what you need.

And also, remember, doors open at 1PM - or 12:30 if you buy your ticket online before tomorrow night.

Thanks!

Joanne

• Like 2

Here are some info on my website:

http://www.reefi-lab.com/index.php/product/

Yes, you can control spectrum.  However, certain colors are tied together in the same channel so they will be controlled together.  Basically there are 5 Channels, each channels are individually controllable.  You can control and program each unit with any web browser or with my Android APP.

Ch1:  Royal Blue 450nm

Ch2:  Mix Royal Blues and White 4000K

Ch3:  Mix UV1 420nm and UV2 395nm

Ch4:  Mix Deep Red and Cyan

Ch5:  Royal Blue 450nm

That looks awesome! Will keep this in mind-- am picking up a kessil tomorrow, but otherwise would consider this!

I made a separate thread stating idk how to buy a ticket online. It won't let me input my info. And it asks me to sign in, I don't have an account with Bob moore frag swap, because this will be my first yr, does this mean I can't buy online?

I made a separate thread stating idk how to buy a ticket online. It won't let me input my info. And it asks me to sign in, I don't have an account with Bob moore frag swap, because this will be my first yr, does this mean I can't buy online?

Your best bet for getting your questions answered is to join the facebook group. Look for Bob Moore Frag Swap

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By badxgillen
      As mentioned in the September meeting thread the meet and greet at Moloko's would make an opportune place/time to have a frag swap so lets get one started here. These are the general guidelines I like to recommend for these coral exchanges.
      If you would like, you can do your trading on the fly by just bringing by a few pieces and hoping that some one will have a desirable coral you want...Or better yet, you can post up what you have to trade and work out a preemptive exchange here on the forums, that method always works best for me. You can feel free to use this thread to post your trade-ables in or start a thread of your own.
      But First, let me get you some of Bert's basis tips for success here.
      1.) make an attempt to have a fragment of reasonable size and health and try and get things cut and ready a few days to a week ahead of time to have the wounds healed up for the exchange. And double/triple check for pest invertebrates or algaes before sending your corals out, we try to keep invasives to a minimum here...And once you get your frags home, just in case, always acclimate the specimens then dip the corals before you put them into your personal aquarium. QT Aquariums are best but good old Revive, Coral RX, Melafix, Iodine, or Bayer will do much better at prevention than nothing.
      2.) Try to package your corals appropriately. This can mean not putting a spiny coral like birds nest into a thin dollar store bag or not utilizing insulation on an extended cold or warm trip. Try a small cooler or Styrofoam. If you can't find either of these and the destination is a long distance, keep the vehicle air conditioned or heated appropriately. As far as packaging goes you can double bag and use thicker mil plastics, or something else like a Tupperware or specimen container. I have even used washed out yogurt or cottage cheese containers that stack well inside the coolers. Just use something that will work, nothing like losing a nice and colorful animal because the bag got too cold and leaked all the water out on the way home.
      3.)Do your best to be courteous and fair to one another by not take advantage of each others ignorance or generosity. These are people of all levels in the hobby so give them the benefit of your knowledge and experience instead of the cold shoulder. And speaking of generosity, that giving nature has always been smiled upon here at PNWMAS and pay it forward tends comes back around these parts.
      Well, the meeting is closing in fast, less than two weeks yeah. I believe Christian who runs the place will also be interested in doing some trades as well, I imagine he will post up in the forum here soon. 
      So Let's see em folks,  Whatcha Got!? Corals that is!
    • By badxgillen
      As requested, a thread starter for a Frag Swap at our May 2018 Meeting at Golden Basket I used my own previous template, so if it looks familiar...It is.
       Being a meet and greet type of gathering it seems like it would be a good time to get the old coral trades going on.
      If you would like, you can do your trading on the fly by just bringing by a few pieces and hoping that some one will have a desirable coral you want...Or better yet, you can post up what you have to trade and work out a preemptive exchange here on the forums, that method always works best for me. You can feel free to use this thread to post your trade-ables in or start a thread of your own.
      1.) make an attempt to have a fragment of reasonable size and health and try and get things cut and ready a few days to a week ahead of time to have the wounds healed up for the exchange. And double/triple check for pest invertebrates or algaes before sending your corals out, we try to keep invasives to a minimum here...And once you get your frags home, just in case, always acclimate the specimens then dip the corals before you put them into your personal aquarium. QT Aquariums are best but good old Revive, Coral RX, Melafix, Iodine, or Bayer will do much better at prevention than nothing.
      2.) Try to package your corals appropriately. This can mean not putting a spiny coral like birds nest into a thin dollar store bag or not utilizing insulation on an extended cold or warm trip. Try a small cooler or Styrofoam. If you can't find either of these and the destination is a long distance, keep the vehicle air conditioned or heated appropriately. As far as packaging goes you can double bag and use thicker mil plastics, or something else like a Tupperware or specimen container. I have even used washed out yogurt or cottage cheese containers that stack well inside the coolers. Just use something that will work, nothing like losing a nice and colorful animal because the bag got too cold and leaked all the water out on the way home.
      3.)Do your best to be courteous and fair to one another by not take advantage of each others ignorance or generosity. These are people of all levels in the hobby so give them the benefit of your knowledge and experience instead of the cold shoulder. And speaking of generosity, that giving nature has always been smiled upon here at PNWMAS and pay it forward tends comes back around these parts.
      Well, the meeting is closing in fast, less than two weeks yeah.
      Personally I have a ton of things I can cut if someone wants to ask for a general type of coral. For now here is a picture of some sweet zoas I have to cut before they attach to something they shouldn't. And I will add some things here once I can go and grab some pictures that don't suck.

• By badxgillen
      As requested, a thread starter for a Frag Swap at our February 2018 Meeting at Stylaster's, I used my own previous template, so if it looks familiar...It is.
       Being a meet and greet type of gathering it seems like it would be a good time to get the old coral trades going on.
      Well, the meeting is closing in fast, less than two weeks yeah.
      Personally I have a ton of things I can cut if someone wants to ask for a general type of coral. For now here is a picture of some sweet zoas I have to cut before they attach to something they shouldn't. And I will add some things here once I can go and grab some pictures that don't suck.

• By badxgillen
      As requested, a thread starter for a Frag Swap at our January TPA Meeting, I used my own previous template, so if it looks familiar...It is.
      Well, the meeting is not too far off now, about one month yeah.
    • By badxgillen
      As promised, a thread starter for a Frag Swap at our December Meeting, I used my own previous template, so if it looks familiar...It is.
      Some of you may have heard that the December Holiday meeting coming up.
      In addition to the gift exchange and raffle there will be another one of those fine frag swaps we put on every few months.
      Well, the meeting is not too far off now, about one month yeah.