Hello from John's Landing! (SW near the waterfront)

biochemrobyn

Since I am new around here (also because I have to meet the 30 post mark to post in classifieds)-- wanted to say a quick hello to everyone. I am in the medical field and because of lots and lots of training, I have moved around a bit in the last 10 years. I am originally from MN and was actively involved in their marine society there (shout out to TCMAS-- the MN version of PNWMAS). I have also been a part of the Chicago as well as the Arizona reef societies (although not super active due to time restraints). In the highlight of my aquarium days I had three tanks going + bred seahorses. However, with the work load those days are sadly gone. However, I have recently had the good fortune of being able to restart a nano system. My goal is to make this the most stable system I have had yet.

Well, cheers!

• Like 1

Since I am new around here (also because I have to meet the 30 post mark to post in classifieds)-- wanted to say a quick hello to everyone. I am in the medical field and because of lots and lots of training, I have moved around a bit in the last 10 years. I am originally from MN and was actively involved in their marine society there (shout out to TCMAS-- the MN version of PNWMAS). I have also been a part of the Chicago as well as the Arizona reef societies (although not super active due to time restraints). In the highlight of my aquarium days I had three tanks going + bred seahorses. However, with the work load those days are sadly gone. However, I have recently had the good fortune of being able to restart a nano system. My goal is to make this the most stable system I have had yet.

Well, cheers!

Welcome, Robyn. Did you get your degree at UM? I got my masters and doctorate close by at Wisconsin-Madison.

I was not able to have a tank for about 6 yrs through grad school, but now I have a bunch of them.

I hope you start up a tank thread!

Cheers,

Andy

Hello to all! I am deeply honored to have such a warm welcome. Yes, I did indeed get both an undergraduate and a masters from the U of M in the twin cities (and to be honest that is where the "biochem" came from- my undergrad). U of W Madison is an awesome school! Definitely in my neck old of the woods. I have many friends who went there and would drive by Madison frequently on my trips home during my time in Chi town.

Welcome. Sounds like you have a bit of experience, but if you have any questions. There is probably someone around here who can help.

Hope to see you at the next meeting.

I will do my best to make it! My schedule is a bit rough still at times, but I can't wait to see them. The MN meetings were one of my favorite things. Do you hold them at members houses or somewhere else?

Edited by biochemrobyn

What size tank are you starting? And welcome I am new too :)

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

I confess it is a super small tank at the moment-- a pico to be honest. Around 5 gallons. The reason that I set this one up despite having a 75 gallon sitting in my garage unused for the last 1.5 years is the fact that 1) it won't take too much time, 2) I can upgrade easily if needed 3) I won't lose too much sleep over the tank. I confess it is so hard not to want a much bigger tank though!

I confess it is a super small tank at the moment-- a pico to be honest. Around 5 gallons. The reason that I set this one up despite having a 75 gallon sitting in my garage unused for the last 1.5 years is the fact that 1) it won't take too much time, 2) I can upgrade easily if needed 3) I won't lose too much sleep over the tank. I confess it is so hard not to want a much bigger tank though!

I have a 6 gallon tank. So mine is super tiny too. :)

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk