Lovesalt

Water testing

While performing a variety of water tests last night, evidently I dropped one of the solutions on my foot and it burned a hole in me!16c75b7961803741389c7f110f8d3715.jpg746b2982e774d67d66d058ff264eac88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch! Yeah, I'd stay clear of getting most testing solutions on your skin. Many are strong acids and bases.

If you do it again, run your hand under water for a minute or so. It should help. Prolonged exposure will cause damage.

• Like 2

Miles, I have heard that. The kits warn that they aren't good for your skin. This was a first for me. I dripped something on my sock/foot and later (30 minutes) I couldn't figure out why my foot was burning. Took my sock off to find a slimy spot of missing skin.

I did almost every test I had so I'm not sure which solution I dripped in my foot but I suspect it was ammonia or nitrate.

I have a feeling it was an acid burn. For future incidients, you can search online for the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) of the ingredient and they will give you sure fire guidance on how to handle any type of incident, spill, burn, disposal etc.