New / Returning Reefer

Jeremevans

I'm working on setting up a 55g reef. I have been collecting pieces but have not even added water yet. I'm primarily interesting in zoanthids and maybe some limited sps. I plan to add only enough fish to keep my wife happy.

So far I have:

Half finished stand (working on staining it now)

4x54w T5 light

Aqua c Remora pro S skimmer

30 g sump (added baffles for bubble trap and refugium)

Eheim 1262 return pump

55g acrylic tank with corner overflow

Algae scrubber DIY (in progress)

2x mover 1500s

Homemade LR (will supplement with real LR)

I'm looking at adding a carbon and GFO reactor. I'm also really tempted to splurge for a Apex Controller but I'm not convinced I need it.

I used to have a tank about 10 years ago and gave it up due to a series of moves including one halfway across he country. I'm permanently in the area now and we bought a house in St Helens.

I was a member of PNWMAS years ago and I'm glad to see it's still going. What do I need to do to get back in formally?

Jeremy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice to meet you I'm also in St. Helens just started my first reef tank. I would say an apex isn't essential but defintly cool and really a good insurance to protect your investment. Welcome back to the forum and to join the group on the forum there is a link to the paypal and the amount needed.

Edited by Vance164

The club's secretary is also in St. Helens. I'm just a stone's throw away, in the northern part of Scappoose. I can't help you on the Zoas, but once you're ready for some easy SPS I can probably help you out. Just let me know.

-Andrew

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are starting a new aquarium, this is definitely the place to be. 

Here is the subscription page:

http://www.pnwmas.org/subscriptions/

Although, you can just hangout and ask questions all you want. I even think there is a meeting or two where you could come as a non-member.

I will say...members get a free raffle ticket. :3

If you are starting a new aquarium, this is definitely the place to be. 

Here is the subscription page:

http://www.pnwmas.org/subscriptions/

Although, you can just hangout and ask questions all you want. I even think there is a meeting or two where you could come as a non-member.

I will say...members get a free raffle ticket. :3

Thanks. Dues are paid.

• Like 1

I LOVE Zoa's........Its not a bad idea to read the latest on Polytoxins.  WELCOME! I'm also newbie to the group.

Do you have any particular link or book you would recommend? I remember learning a bit about the potential dangers of fragging zoas years ago, but I should definitely refresh myself.