Hi...I'm new. Setting up a 250 Gal with 350 Gal Sump

N70SJ

Back-Up return Pump came today. If I'm gone for a month or so and my Main Pump goes out it could be a week or so to get one that pumps 6,250GPH and can handle the 18 foot of head pressure. If this pump goes out my Neptune Apex will text me and I can have some one cone over and replace it with this back-up pump.be4ca5ad4eef201b23e8fca93e877bf6.jpg

030afa84a20b5b79b24d4fa18efce5e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I offered to pay my $25 Member-ship fee which is WELL worth it and a great value. I was gonna mail it but decided just to wait and bring a check to my 1st meeting. So in the mean time due to my pathetic spelling and picture input my threads are pretty horrible and redundant. Can't you find another way to apply leverage and or compel new members to pay the fee? A way that does not penalize everyone by struggling through un-edited posts?

• Like 1

I offered to pay my $25 Member-ship fee which is WELL worth it and a great value. I was gonna mail it but decided just to wait and bring a check to my 1st meeting. .......

....Can't you find another way to apply leverage and or compel new members to pay the fee? A way that does not penalize everyone by struggling through un-edited posts?

To be honest, there are only so many "perks" that a forum can offer. And it's not done to leverage or penalize. It's actually pretty common to not be able to edit posts. Reef 2 reef only allows supporting members to edit. I'm not positive, but I don't think there is editing on RC. It's one service that doesn't have to be offered, but it is. A little perk for supporting.

Not allowing non members to edit also prevents any random people from showing up, putting up some sale ads and then changing them up later. People who support the club will (hopefully) be much less likely to do so.

Speaking of, I just got my renewal email yesterday...guess I better re-up!

Edited by Higher Thinking
  • Like 5

Back-Up return Pump came today. If I'm gone for a month or so and my Main Pump goes out it could be a week or so to get one that pumps 6,250GPH and can handle the 18 foot of head pressure. If this pump goes out my Neptune Apex will text me and I can have some one cone over and replace it with this back-up pump.be4ca5ad4eef201b23e8fca93e877bf6.jpg

030afa84a20b5b79b24d4fa18efce5e8.jpg

That's a beast!  I am building a garage fish room one story down, a pump like this could be the way to go.  With a spare of course too...

• Like 1

Thats cool!. My display tanks can be swapped in and out over the years. What I am most concerned about is a functional Mech./Fish room. A system that ensures stability.  Tanks come-and-go but mechanical rooms are for the long haul.  Most important IMO: Skimmer, Water movement in tank.

• Like 2

To be honest, there are only so many "perks" that a forum can offer. And it's not done to leverage or penalize. It's actually pretty common to not be able to edit posts. Reef 2 reef only allows supporting members to edit. I'm not positive, but I don't think there is editing on RC. It's one service that doesn't have to be offered, but it is. A little perk for supporting.

Not allowing non members to edit also prevents any random people from showing up, putting up some sale ads and then changing them up later. People who support the club will (hopefully) be much less likely to do so.

Speaking of, I just got my renewal email yesterday...guess I better re-up!

DAY - 14

Added two more Corals:

1. Colony of some crazy orange zoes,

2. Head of Orange Montipora digitata76ba6825809725f8f0daa8b101b7d9f0.jpg

a040240be6cdcfad982013762a3e8292.jpg

This last photo is not in my tank but thats a proper pic of the montipora.

5d377efb774964f82c56b03b78dcb6b0.jpg

Wow! Got to get some filters for my cell phone camera or learn how to take better pictures.

Ok ChrisQ, will do. I have never had a piece before. That piece is new as of 2 days ago. I bought it as a small colony. Starting it at the bottom of the tank then working it up to about 11" from the surface. 2 double ended 250W MH 14,500K and four 54 watt T5s.  What kind of lights did you have it under?

And 2 Neptune 4,000GPH in-tank-power-heads.

• Like 1

Ok ChrisQ, will do. I have never had a piece before. That piece is new as of 2 days ago. I bought it as a small colony. Starting it at the bottom of the tank then working it up to about 11" from the surface. 2 double ended 250W MH 14,500K and four 54 watt T5s.  What kind of lights did you have it under?

And 2 Neptune 4,000GPH in-tank-power-heads.

I've tried several frags over the years under Reefstars then later Radion/T5 and lost them mainly due to nutrient export issues and algae. 

• Like 1