Jumping in from Albany

SkimmyPete

I'm fairly new to the hobby, as I bought a 180 gallon tank over a year ago. It was a predator tank and seemed like a good deal. Long story short, the fish weren't healthy and I ended up out of the hobby before I could really start with a large, empty tank in my garage.

The plus side was that the tank had come with some nice lights, and I never did shake the desire to get back to the hobby. Now, I have the start of a reef with a few corals and fish to go along with a fair bit of new equipment and a 75 gallon tank on the same system that will hopefully become my refugium with some colorful macro algae.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the hobby and learning more all the time, much from this forum, as it were. Glad to jump aboard and looking forward to learning more and perhaps one day contributing!

• Like 3

Welcome aboard the forum, a great place with some good people, if you have any questions feel free to ask away and I am sure you will get some informative responses. Since your in Albany and I am in Corvallis its not too far off from where your at, maybe some day if you have time we can meet up and chat reef tank. OH, I would also take the opportunity to attend the upcoming January meeting to get acquainted with some of the other members in person, its always a fun time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...