RODI help

Blue Z Reef

Idk what's wrong...I swear I've tried everything at this point!

Here's what I have setup:

Pre filter culligan filter -> aquatec 8800 booster-> 3x carbon blocks 1 micron and one is .5 micron I think from BRS -> 100 gpd Dow filmtec -> 3 DI canisters

I just swapped to the 100 gpd hoping the rejection would be better...it's worse! From the tap reading is 120ish. After membrane only getting down to like 20! DI resin takes it to 0 but I burn through resin like no tomorrow!

I was using a 150gpd Axeon membrane and it was only getting it down to like 10 TDS. Pre filters from BrS are less than a month old.

I have an 800cc fast flush for the 100 gpd and was using a 1200 with the 150gpd. Pressure with booster is at 85 psi.

What's wrong here? 98% rejection should put my output around 4 tds.

Edited by Blue Z Reef

You need to make sure the flow restrictor matches the membrane.  Whoever you bought the new membrane from should be able to get you the right flow restrictor.

Also, might be a good idea to measure the amount of product water to rejection water for their information.

Ken

Ok, here's what we're producing/rejecting

Measured how long for 100mL

Product = 30 sec

Waste = 7 sec

So ratio is 4.3/1 waste/product

Converting this to gallons, with the 100 gpd membrane I'm only outputting 76 gal at 85psi. Given it is cold out and my unit is in the garage this may be effecting the waste/product some, but most people don't report any higher TDS, just lower output.

Still stumped ????