January 2017 Meeting Frag Swap

badxgillen

Hi, I'm new to reefing so don't have any frags that I can trade but do members take cash for their frags?  It's just cost too much to buy online or store and every reefing forum tells me the local frag swap is the way to go to get started in reefing without paying the retail $$$ :nutty: and having to sell my kidney :dejection:  to the black market.   Any advice or info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• Like 1

Hi, I'm new to reefing so don't have any frags that I can trade but do members take cash for their frags? It's just cost too much to buy online or store and every reefing forum tells me the local frag swap is the way to go to get started in reefing without paying the retail $$$ :nutty: and having to sell my kidney :dejection: to the black market. Any advice or info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Yes we are always open to selling :) just shoot them a PM with what you like and they will let you know how much! And if you weren't sure what a coral is called, just screenshot their pictures and include those in your message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Paratore

Hi, I'm new to reefing so don't have any frags that I can trade but do members take cash for their frags? It's just cost too much to buy online or store and every reefing forum tells me the local frag swap is the way to go to get started in reefing without paying the retail $$$ :nutty: and having to sell my kidney :dejection: to the black market. Any advice or info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I'll give you some free xenia if you want any! I'm located in the forest grove area unfortunately I can't make the meeting this time but if you're ever in my area let me know. I'm sure I could throw in some others too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G360AZ using Tapatalk

Anyone somewhat close to me (forest grove area) have any green Ricordias, rainbow bubble tip, green bubble tip for sale or trade? Also still on the lookout for the elusive Dendro lol. I don't really have a big selection of corals to trade at the moment, I have hammer coral pink and green/brown (trade only not for sale) toadstools, blue/green mushrooms, green hairy mushrooms, xenia, green Palythoas l, yellow button polyps, green/brown monti cap, some green zoas and anthelia.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G360AZ using Tapatalk

Hey all - I am just starting from scratch so have nothing for trade but if anyone has unclaimed frags they might want to part with let me know. I am planning to be there and looking to start introducing coral into the tank. It's been up and running for 4 months or more now and Ca-reactor is online, refugium back online (now that the leak is fixed) and coraline algae spreading rapidly so figure it's time to take the leap. There is a small colony of eagle eye zoas that came on a piece of starter rock from Scott that have been going since almost the start of the build so at least I know I can keep something alive!

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hey all - I am just starting from scratch so have nothing for trade but if anyone has unclaimed frags they might want to part with let me know. I am planning to be there and looking to start introducing coral into the tank. It's been up and running for 4 months or more now and Ca-reactor is online, refugium back online (now that the leak is fixed) and coraline algae spreading rapidly so figure it's time to take the leap. There is a small colony of eagle eye zoas that came on a piece of starter rock from Scott that have been going since almost the start of the build so at least I know I can keep something alive!

Any types you are particularly fond of? I am sure I can throw together a small tank warming pack before the meeting.

Any types you are particularly fond of? I am sure I can throw together a small tank warming pack before the meeting.

Hey Bert - that would be super cool.  I have always been partial to all types of SPS but honestly am not that picky.  Never had any of the "designer" corals in my mixed reefs before - just picked things based on variety of color and shape.  Probably the most high-end piece I ever had was some Oregon Tort from Souta's.  Just to give you some context, acans and scolis were just starting to become a thing when I had to tear my last tank down! Yeah, I'm dating myself here...

Thanks!

Was that the only zoa on that rock? Let me know I have a few different ones on plugs and can bring a few for you. I may have a chunk of forest fire digi also.

• Like 2

Was that the only zoa on that rock? Let me know I have a few different ones on plugs and can bring a few for you. I may have a chunk of forest fire digi also.

Hi Scott - yeah, it is all eagle eye on that rock. They have been spreading a bit so if you ever need any back you know where you can get them! I would be thrilled with anything you want to part with. Never used to keep a lot of zoos (although had some cool blues ones) but have really enjoyed these. Thanks!