January 2017 Meeting Frag Swap

badxgillen

The January PNWMAS meeting is coming up, and as you may or may not know, we are rocking the first new year bash at our BOD member Gill&Fin's.

Holly has been kind enough to setup a separate tank to house corals in to facilitate a proper frag swap, how exciting! So I am thinking now is a good time to let me get you in tune with how to have a successful coral exchange.

I personally recommend posting up a picture of what you have to trade and underneath it include a  list of a few things you are interested in for a trade, try to be open as the exact coral you want may not be available at the time but there are many "Fish" in the sea so keep your eyes peeled for something you didn't know you wanted. Once you have negotiated a trade with some one get their club screen name and their real world name and give them yours, this way when you are at the meeting you will be able to identify each other via name tags and the coolers at our sides. 

As far as packaging the corals for the swap I would recommend using a small cooler or a styrofoam box for transport. Tupperware are fine if the vehicle is kept warm during travel. I would also advise double bagging the corals especially hard ones with edges or points. And it never hurts to bring a bag of extra water just in case you need it for your frags or you get something unexpected at the swap.

This is also a time to Share the Love and simply give away or donate corals to those who may need something you don't, should be a decent crowd of reefers there.

So lets get to fragging a few corals folks, its just around the corner and you want those corals to have a bit of healing time right!? I am looking forward to this one.

You can feel free to post up your trades here or start another thread up of your own, the choice is yours.

Whats that, you want to see mine first?

Okay, here's a little peak...

DSCF2247_zpsigwz0qjh.jpg

Idaho Grape Montipora Capricornus

DSCF8474_zps09e5595b.jpg

Dainty Pocilipora

blue%20stag%20growth_zpst3zsxl9a.jpg

Super Blue STag

DSCF1333_zpselk1djno.jpg

Alelis Blue AKA Aqua Man

I will update this list with more things I have that need a pruning and a few smaller ones that can tolerate a "trim".

I am just looking for things I do not have, right now I am really liking chalices and brains but like I said I am open to ALL kinds...Lets see what you all got going on!

• Like 4

Bert - Where'd you get that blue stag?  I got the exact same one from the Wilsonville TPA.  Super nice piece.  Yours is beautiful.

I've got a few things I could bring if anyone is interested.  

First up are several frags of JF Jack-O-Lantern Leptoseris (The ORA Green Birdsnest are up for grabs too if anyone wants it for some reason):

IMG_0822.jpg

A few frags of Oregon Mummy Eye:

IMG_0819.jpg

Aussie Blastomussa Welsi:

IMG_0823.jpg

Here's the mother colony of the blasto's since the frags are small.  Interesting note: I didn't frag this.  The mother colony "dripped" these off.  I glued them to plugs and they grew into new colonies.  Neat!

IMG_0826.jpg
Edited by youcallmenny
  • Like 1

Nice write up Bert!

I know I'll be picking up some goodies from you Bert. I message you later.

Youcallmenny-- put me down for a frag of JF Jack-O-lantern, Mummy Eye and a blasto! I'll message you later to work out a trade :)

Once I get home I'll break out the new DSLR and try to get some pictures of stuff I've got for trade!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice write up Bert!

I know I'll be picking up some goodies from you Bert. I message you later.

Youcallmenny-- put me down for a frag of JF Jack-O-lantern, Mummy Eye and a blasto! I'll message you later to work out a trade :)

Once I get home I'll break out the new DSLR and try to get some pictures of stuff I've got for trade!!

For sure.  Probably could deal with this when we meet up for the gyre. 

Not a big chalice guy but the OME has always been a favorite of mine...............what are you after? I am sure I can find something :laugh:

I'm a big fan of acans in addition to the above mentioned stuff. I dunno, just something pretty that I don't already have basically. I'll put a good one aside for you!

Edit: hey I was looking at your tank and was wondering if you could get a head off that dendro? That'd be a cool option if at all possible.

Edited by youcallmenny

I'm a big fan of acans in addition to the above mentioned stuff. I dunno, just something pretty that I don't already have basically. I'll put a good one aside for you!

Edit: hey I was looking at your tank and was wondering if you could get a head off that dendro? That'd be a cool option if at all possible.

I have acans and the dendro is of limits.........all the heads are maybe 1/8th inch if that.......I don't want to risk it. I bought it as one a year ago and now have 4 babies popping off.......some day maybe.

So far, I would like a dainty pocillipora and two aussie blastos.  These have been on my wish list.  Also looking for euphyllias as someone mentioned above.  And still looking for easy, breezy frags, so don't be ashamed to post the "weeds", cuz I may want them.  I would take an ORA birdsnest, but I already have two frags of these.  Actually ORA birdsnest are one of the prettiest SPS corals IMO.

I don't have frags to trade, my current tank is only a few months old.  Just have some paper with dead presidents to trade :-).

• Like 1

/\/\/\

Haha no worries. Just whatever you're comfortable trading. Acans are always an easy answer for me.

I can bring you some birds nest just for fun and I also have some hammers or frog spawn too.

Do you have any birds of paradise or ponape birds nest? I'd happily trade the jackolantern for one of those!

\/\/\/\/

Very generous of you, sounds like a deal! Thanks Bert!

Edited by youcallmenny

Tomorrow I'll have pics up of trade/sale stuff. I've got about 6 kinds of Euphyllia (frammer, hammer, frogspawn, and torch varieties), two kinds of acans, so many zoas, a few shrooms, teal candy cane, and orange/green monti cap. Pics to come! I can't wait to mess around with my DSLR so stay tuned!

Broke out the new DSLR and took some "fancy" pics in the frag tank for the first time. Some of these pics are of mother "colonies" and others are frags. Regardless, I have frags of everything pictured :)

Scrambled eggs

a48dee514156002c728aff082748f8dc.jpg

ASD Arch Mage

80ccae3c63d1d1342e491e8c586a8b33.jpg

Morphed Magicians d2d73242fb25fc04a2abe54a694fcf22.jpg

Mutt Munchers fb0c26437f06a018a05ef7bb46d4dfcb.jpg

TPA Green Galaxy a7686b2b4497aaf33ef6e4787bb08944.jpg

Captain Americas 877d30094dfc202ce9e648a6f4d6f58e.jpg

LC petroglyphs (much brighter in person) 2438ef145a03f5866b2ca5fa010a194c.jpg

BG Java Chaos 3554660d5513e482d27ad0f3215fb668.jpg

Rastas f16f8d1538bca51b3246ca6d4b66b941.jpg

Blueberry fields a4e50d304ca047d165415d2218b314d5.jpg

Green implosion 73e1fecbd290b3ef1ca1c57c48b42787.jpg

Jawbreaker zoa a9195378c350da31ac6d722ae115e145.jpg

Rainbow Sakura 87ad75614f9c255bb044e400ca5b67b7.jpg

Iron mans 388bd8739683df4bc2112345eaef688d.jpg

Teal candy cane 94e81b9083895514b31665b092c89048.jpg

Not pictured (will upload more later)

-orange monti cap

-green monti cap

-dragons eyes

-kiwis

-sunny D

-Punk Rockers

-blue eyed girls

-gobstoppers

-BBEB

-frogspawn (green)

-hammer(green/purple)

-Frammer(teal, green with purple tip)

-shrooms (orange, green, purple)

More to come.....

I'm looking for zoas I don't have mostly but open to other things. If you want a specific list, reference my ~WTB: Zoa!!!!~ post in the classified threads :) I'm also open to just selling corals because I know not everyone has stuff to trade. PM and we can go from there!

Thanks for looking,

Cody

• Like 2