Drone Advice Please!

Paratore

Calling all Drone Experts!

My family wants to get my dad a drone for his birthday because all he talks about is how cool they are and how it would be awesome to have one. With that being said he is by no means an expert and will mostly just fly the drone for fun. He would enjoy flying it around and taking bird eye view pictures of everything. So we are looking for a beginner friendly drone with a solid camera. :) I was hoping you guys could help me pick out a good one by pointing me toward some drones to check out.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard the DJ s are really good.

One of the Supervisors at work has one and is a nice solid little set up. I know nothing about them tho. Kinda of spendy but like all hobbies you get what you pay for.

I use to race Nitro RC and wish I still had mine!

Edited by Flash21

If you can get your hands on a Mavic I'd buy that by far best one for the money, I have a 3dr ( went bankrupt) a Dji phantom, and am buying a Mavic very soon. I don't know what your price point is but the Mavic is right at 1k. A Dji phantom 3 is a great quad as well and can be had for like 500 bucks.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Oh should have added, budget is about $1000 :)

The Mavic is sick and I love how small it is. But it won't be released until after his birthday. But it may be work holding out to get.

Also looked at the DJI Phantom series and they look nice too! There are just so many options and I don't know a whole lot about this stuff haha. I appreciate all of your input!

The phantoms main difference will be camera quality and flight distance. If you can spring for it get the Phantom 4 pro it's a great quad with some nice tech tied into it

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I think we have narrowed it down to the Phantom 4 or 3! What recommendations do you have? I've got more research to do haha.

Edit: mostly will be used for just taking pics for fun of my parents business and such. He just likes the idea of flying it and taking basic pictures :)

Edited by Paratore