Vance164's first reef

Vance164

I have two giant turbo snails (aka bulldozers lol) free if you want them! My tank is FULL of frags that aren't glued down so they will knock them over, but they are AWESOME at keeping things tidy. I've had them for 3 years and they're easily the width of a pop can. Let me know if you want them! I'm located in the forest grove area but drive through the Beaverton Tigard area some mornings and can meet 1adb67fdd4c03e921c92fa65ca30535a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G360AZ using Tapatalk

Thank you but I think there just a little bit too big for my current system!

Also may have some corals you may like? Lots of pretty mushrooms, green Toadstools etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G360AZ using Tapatalk

I would defintly be interested maybe in a few weeks I've had alot of coral additions in what I feel is a short period of time so once it all gets settled in I will gladly take some off your hands!! Thank you very much! And I also work in the Beaverton hillsboro area most of the time.

Ceriths/nerites/nassarius form his packages and they all play vital roles in my opinion. Any other CUC is just filler and aesthetic fluff. They might fill niches, but those 3 snails are the backbone. Hermits are good too. Honestly I can't say enough good things about that site. Just order a slightly smaller pack than your tank size. Those are intended for a full on algae outbreak. He also packs extras.

Another big suggestion I have if you have a sand bed is tiger conches.  Neat little guys that root around in the sand.  They have these little eyeball stalks that they're always watching you with.  Some of my favorite reef life, strangely.  I always keep a lot of weird CUC though. I really like inverts.

Thanks I will look into the tiger conches I like inverts and I really like crabs and shrimp how do you feel about emerald crabs?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a few quick shots of the tank. Been battling algae for the last month or two. Had a crazy nitrate spike but everything seems to be happy now and looking better. Which I was pleasantly suprised since I was gone for the last 4 days. 

20170413_195229_001.jpg

20170413_193148.jpg

20170413_200338.jpg

31 minutes ago, Vance164 said:

I never did. All my birdsnest ended up dieing off. Unfortunately was just strange it was only them. 

Well that is odd.  At least the rest of the coral seem to have made it so definitely could be worse.  Would be interesting to try another frag of birdsnest at some point to see if it was just a temporary condition (one would hope).

9 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Well that is odd.  At least the rest of the coral seem to have made it so definitely could be worse.  Would be interesting to try another frag of birdsnest at some point to see if it was just a temporary condition (one would hope).

I will try some again in the future.