January 2017 Meeting at Holly's!

Gil&Fin

I'm super-excited to be hosting our January meeting!  Here are the details:

What:  Fun, Food, Fish, and Fotography!  Minh (Rolekii) is going to a reef photography demonstration so don't forget to bring your cameras.

When:  Sunday, January 29, 2017, 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM

Where:  Holly's house in SW Portland near Washington Square.  Message me for the address!

• Like 9

We're new to the forum, invited by Holly.  We'll plan to be there.  It's an exciting opportunity to learn from everyone and to pick up a few more frags from Holly. 

We're specifically looking for corals at the ends of the light spectrum - intense-lighting and low-light loving corals.  Hopefully she'll post some pics of her frags before the meeting, so we can pre-plan.

-- Cliff and Wendy

Gresham, OR

• Like 2

I have yet to see the new setups in person and I really look forward to it. In the threads that have already been posted it looks like one serious build containing a number of beautiful animals within. The "Fish only" tank with the angels is one I would like to see the progress on, I myself may never own coral eating fish. I am sure once I get there I will be lost in the coral tanks as well, it never gets old.

And don't forget the frag swap thread started, a good thing to take advantage off when there is going to be a holding aquarium.

http://www.pnwmas.org/topic/39558-january-2017-meeting-frag-swap/

Thank You for hosting this one Holly!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

As if seeing Holly's tanks and fish room weren't enough we are also having raffles as usual!

How about a couple of  Seahorse Aquarium gift certificates? This is a small little shop in the Northeast area and Terry who is running it is super nice. He had some nice gorgonians the last time I was in there!

• Like 4

Meeting is this Sunday at 1pm! :yahoo: 

There will be food! There will be a frag swap! There will be a lesson on how to take better pictures! There will be a raffle!

Next on the raffle we have a 50 dollar gift certificate to Upscales! Upscales has been around for a long time and was an original sponsor for this site. Most of you know Travis and if you love SPS this is a great place to go! He was the originator of the beautiful Oregon Blue Tort and the Upscales Microclados both must have sps for you stick lovers!

• Like 4

Three days away!  I'm really excited about having everyone over.  Minh came over and gave me a preview of the photography demonstration--it's going to be great.  Don't forget to bring your cameras! 

I'm ordering sandwiches, and there will be chips and drinks.  There is no need to bring anything, but feel free to bring something dessert-y if you want to share.

There should be plenty of parking.  If you've been here before and know your way around, feel free to come in through the reef room door by the lower garage.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

• Like 2

Sadly I will not be able to attend anymore :(

Hopefully someone will tape the photo lesson or have a nice write up about it for those of us who can't make it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it Cody - I was looking forward to meeting you.