A few photos from lately

AcanLord

Rocks look so clean, great work on nutrient management!  Coral looks great, what a super reef you have going.  

Since you shared, I have to ask.

What kind of skimmer?

What do you do for Calcium/Alk?

What kind of lights are you running?

What temp do you run?

Rocks look so clean, great work on nutrient management! Coral looks great, what a super reef you have going.

Since you shared, I have to ask.

What kind of skimmer?

What do you do for Calcium/Alk?

What kind of lights are you running?

What temp do you run?

I was running a super cheap nano skimmer that actually does a decent job but maybe does 75 gallons a day at the most. I just got an SCAquariums 303 skimmer and it's doing a great job. I have noticed more polyp extension since adding the new skimmer. For Cal and Alk, I dose 2 part irregularly and I've never tested my water. Ever. Until about a month ago when my favias and chalices started bleaching and melting. My Alk was at 6.3 so since then I've been dosing 2 part 6 days a week. And my lights are cheap China LEDs. I've had a few reefers be pretty impressed by my tank and to be honest I feel like it's mostly luck. I've had problems and taken measures to fix them, and I've done hours and hours of research before I add any fish, coral or equipment but other than that, I just feed twice a day, and do water changes every 2-3 weeks. Jodis food from TECO here in Medford is a big deal too I think. My parents tank had nutrient problems till they started using his food. And my friends tank has hair algae issues I'm pretty sure is from over feeding and not having a skimmer. Thanks for the compliments! As an 8 month reefer it means a lot for experienced reefers to see the hard work I've put in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
That is a fungia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fungia) - a really nice one.  Like everything in this tank it looks really happy!  Great job.

Thank you very much. Compliments from the pros really mean a lot to me. I'm actually struggling with a maxima clam at the moment. It's not opening. It's attached itself to the bottom of the tank so I can't move it. I'm nervous that I saw pyramid snails under one of its flutes but I inspected it very closely when I got it and it was looking great for the first 3 weeks then suddenly it's not opening for the last few days :( any ideas? My parameters aren't ideal but I can show you pics of literally every coral and fish and even the derasa clam and everything looks very happy. I guess there's always gotta be at least one thing that isn't happy. a85ad7ac942226a9c947f81f7118a459.jpg96ff9d2e5aee70d7d1c9e4ef31d26fde.jpgba6726133574106d6e468a65b1240051.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...