guess the wrasse

city hunter

I really dont have a clue on what this little bugger is. Has some interesting lines on the face, plus the fake eye on the tail. Reminds me a little of a rhomboid but colors are all off.

What do you all think she is?

I'll try to get a better pic later, but she is a shy bugger and doesnt stay still long.

15622142_10211689520934968_5814689959433

Edited by city hunter

We've had the same wrasse for years and have no clue what type it is.  When I have googled it the closest I can come up with is a Pylei fairy wrasse.  I was wondering myself if it was a Juvi of sorts but since it still hasn't changed at all so I ruled that out.  Good luck figuring it out and hopefully someone has the answer because I'd love to know myself :) 

Could be a Pylei too. Tough to tell with juvi fairy wrasses. The long pelvic fins would be the tell tale if it was a Pylei. They become more exaggerated as the fish develops, so the difference could still be slight at this stage. Can't really see what they look like in this photo.

• 1 month later...