1st reef tank from my 210 FOWLR

swoop

HI guys, been lurking for a couple years. Had a FOWLR 210 I've been converting into a reef. I've had fish only off and on for about 20 years.  Caught up with a old friend from another hobby that also has a tank. He pushed  me over the edge lol.  Anyway figured I'd start a tank thread and thank everybody for the info on here.  

• Like 1

Thanks, I have some pics just trying to figure out sizing them correctly. I'm not the most techie guy around lol.

Welcome Swoop, if you have a Photobucket account posting pics is a lot easier.

Here is a link to a little more help on that.   :thumbs:

http://www.pnwmas.org/topic/38922-quick-dirty-tutorial-on-posting-photos/

Edited by ChrisQ
  • Like 1

Thanks :)  I'm thinking of changing my rock work. The left island got messed up so I'm trying to decide if I want to put it back the same or change it up a bit.  I like the open type scapes but want to have enough places to put coral too. I'll get a full tank shot after I get it where I'm happy with it.

Edited by swoop
  • Like 1

Thanks :) I'm thinking of changing my rock work. The left island got messed up so I'm trying to decide if I want to put it back the same or change it up a bit. I like the open type scapes but want to have enough places to put coral too. I'll get a full tank shot after I get it where I'm happy with it.

Yeah I love open spaces too but I also love coral and hate when I run out of room so my open landscape ends up getting a fuller look but you are workings with a little more space than my Red Sea 250 (roughly 60 gallons total volume)

• Like 1

Thanks  Black sand is kinda a love hate thing. Seems to show a lot of little junk and make the whole tank seem dark. But it does make stuff pop for sure. Thought about switching it out or going bare bottom but the tank is running great so I'm not gonna mess with it. 

• 2 weeks later...