December 2016 Meeting Pictures

badxgillen

WOW! That was a pretty impressive December party/meeting yesterday, there was tons of food, plenty to drink,bunches of corals, many a people, and the HUGE Raffle! It Was Big!!!

Like many of you after much preparation and packing of corals, I had a bit of traveling to do before getting to relax with my fellow reefers at the meet. Fortunate for me I was carpooling with the PNWMAS Corvallis Branch Kireek, Miles, and Lexinverts. All avid reefers with good conversation subject matter so the ride was painless.

Right before I left out the front door I had to check my PNWMAS page one more time and saw a couple new messages in the December meeting thread most noticeably this post here that caught my eye...

When I read this post online in the December meeting thread and saw this sign at The Premium Aquarium  I was stoked! I love Garret and the TPA crew!

I decided that it isn't fair for me to go without letting my crew go as well. So, I'm gonna close the shop from 2pm until 4:30pm so that everyone can join in on the fun! We are all excited to see everyone!

SAM_5911_zpscztifjgs.jpg

I am really happy he is the cool guy he is and made the change in their busy work schedule for some fun with the PNWMAS Club.  

SAM_5893_zpsyfjmcfay.jpg

Unfortunately I was a tad bit late on arrival and there was a number of people whom had already arrived. I am very grateful for our killer Board Of Directors and Office members, they had everything setup and ready to go ahead of time.

SAM_5680_zpshuoetmyn.jpg

Raffles were promised and raffles were delivered!!! Look at this line up! Need,More, Tickets...

SAM_5641_zpsce1ljaf8.jpg

And the white elephant gift exchange was in full effect! This table had some of the gifts and there were a number still at another table, there were 20+ participants with varying gifts.

SAM_5892_zpsndjnkws8.jpg

We packed the place, banquet room was full, and everyone was having fun.

SAM_5707_zpsydg5otch.jpg

A very nice venue that was pretty accommodating considering how busy they were. We had 4 tables for our meet discluding the raffle table and the gift exchange table. Very cool.

SAM_5890_zpstspkkrqf.jpg

Kireek, Flashy Fins, KKnight, and Reefermadness saved me a spot at the end of the table, more good company.

So I am thinking I am going to start with the gift exchange and then move through the rest of the pics. Kinda backwards I know but I think it will work out just right here.

SAM_5778_zpsyv4raumz.jpg

What the Hey, Gift exchange it is.

SAM_5797_zpscdlyqcf8.jpg

Gill&Fin received a stylish beanie to keep her head warm, VHO Actinic bulbs, and then some. You never know with this game do you?

SAM_5883_zps36aigsbw.jpg

Flashy Fins found Dori! and some sweet socks, I believe they have found their proper home right here, I have seen some colorful sock on this one.

SAM_5860_zpszzyf2xce.jpg

Kireek with the book that ended up to be a very nice doctor Sues, hide it from the white elephant thieves. I mean "Who" doesn't like the classics?

SAM_5836_zpsxow4sdma.jpg

Speaking of Dori and Nemo look what we have here. YouCallmenny here with a smile...He knows whats up, he knows.

SAM_5830_zpshm9rqtdn.jpg

Emerald with some Hikari frozen food packs, the corals and fish are gonna eat well tonight! I have recently been using a decent amount of there product in change over some inferior ones, this one has much less water fouling liquids and particles in the cubes.

SAM_5811_zpslzgmkpkx.jpg

IntoTheMystic got a whole lota kisses! Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. That will be an upcoming holiday diet for many of us I think. Just take it one Kiss at a time my friend and it will all be good.

SAM_5772_zps0yzvfg7t.jpg

Bycicle Bill unwrapped an automatic feeder, it sounded like something he had some extensive experience with and would use a backup...Sadly enough this was stolen from him in very short time, thats the way the White Elephant rolls. Sorry Bill.

SAM_5755_zpspsbnuc7y.jpg

Righttirefire had a brief run in with the Captain but his visit with Morgan was short lived, like a thief on the high seas the Captain Moran was snatched from him in no time. What can you do.

SAM_5753_zpsv2iysoyy.jpg

Sirena and the remote control angelfish, now you need the clownfish too so you can both get in on the interactive aquarium. The fish and corals will love it, I have been wanting to try one out on my aggresive powder blue but the tang is so dang fast.

SAM_5761_zpsxmammgxi.jpg

Flash21 unwrapping his bottle of Aquavitro Fuel...That I stole very shortly after. I needed more of the stuff man, I hope you understand and there are no hard feelings. My corals thank you.

SAM_5804_zpslhf7wx6y.jpg

Bubbarockies left with a motion picture for the after party entertainment, its an interesting one that's for sure. Hope the Captain America works out for you.

SAM_5776_zpslsk1mjdr.jpg

Stylaster got a Brick of chocolate bars, there are certainly worse things thats for sure. I have yet to have an issue with having too much good chocolate.

SAM_5858_zps7uncwv1a.jpg

Whoop Whoop!!! She found Nemo! And some stylish reef socks. I wish my kids would do this when they got their shirts and socks...Maybe I need to get ones with octopus, seahorse, and clownfish.

Holly Cap that was Fun!!! But what about those raffles?..

SAM_5695_zpsdhckvozc.jpg

SAM_5693_zpsub2kiktl.jpg

Lets see, I think Holly has that under control here.

SAM_5709_zpsv3gi7soi.jpg

I must apologize again for the pictures, there was less "posing" that usual and my angles were not were they should have been. That being said this is what I did capture. Bubbarockies snagging a nice gift certificate to good old Rocky Mountain Frags, there is some choice stuff there thats fir sure.

SAM_5722_zpsqnpjtgw3.jpg

Miles was excited that he walked home with the generous frag pack donated by Paratore, Cody's Surprise! There was a few nice things in there yeah, Thanks Cody.

SAM_5729_zpsffpobofv.jpg

Look at the energy in this shot, ecstatic about it, KKnight won one of the Grand Prizes, the duel MP 40s! Talk about an upgrade, glad you have a tank large enough to use em cause they sure make alot of motion in the ocean.

And Say What!?

SAM_5736_zpsi6s2owqk.jpg

Once the winning number of the other grand prize Red sea Nano All In One was called people just looked, Cody still gathering himself in disbelief looking at his ticket.

SAM_5745_zpsvucnflsh.jpg

And YES!!! Paratore is the lucky One.

Speaking of Lucky Ones...

SAM_5689_zpstdeeftkn.jpg

This Gyre was won with just the free membership raffle ticket you get from being a payed member. It Pays to to be part of the official crew. I won an MP 10 the same way a few years back.CHEERS to you!

Congratulations too all of you who won at the raffles, there was alot of sponsors pooled into this one as well as some club funds to make this amazing thing happen, and boy did it happen.

Thank You Holly, Jorge, Miles, KKnight, Garret, MattV, TheClark, and Softy. 

A Special Thanks to President Emerald, First Lady Sirena, Treasurer Mr.Bret, they put in a lot of effort into this particular meet and it sure payed off guys and gals. We Appreciate it.

It has been a good year y'all and I am honored to have been working along side a good group of people like this...Thank You. 

And now what say you about even more pictures!?

• Like 7

Okay, here are some more pictures then...

SAM_5905_zpsdwbtotoe.jpg

The place was loaded!!!

SAM_5909_zpsmpenfnxa.jpg

Reeftastic and lil fry, glad you could make it out to another meeting, pretty fun yeah?

SAM_5907_zpswzzhbh0a.jpg

Ron my man, how you been? Don't worry I won't forget you, I will get you a nice piece of that tri color stag. Things becoming a beast.

SAM_5718_zpsnsibia8s.jpg

There's that TPA crew chillin, I think here we are all just getting ready for that anticipated raffle. And I see you hiding there Dave and Cerk.

SAM_5683_zpsoquv4r5h.jpg

Grassi is back again and I didn't get to see how your system is coming along. I hope you come to the next meet and maybe I can catch up with you then.

SAM_5650_zpsgwzwj2o2.jpg

Paratore came in with some hot zoas up for grabs, you know I got mine.

SAM_5643_zps5p8flcog.jpg

Moparfan, I feel bad as I caught him during the raffle as well so it was in his best interest to pay attention. I had all my tickets put into a select few and this call was not one of mine so I continued to float around and bug people.

SAM_5642_zps6grv4ofi.jpg

Like youcallmenny and Mark. They got a taste of my more colorful vocabulary and any of you know me very well you know I have alot of four letter words in it. Please excuse my excessive slang, I mean well.

SAM_5635_zpsl0yyarff.jpg

Sirena and Lexinverts, talking about seahorses no doubt. They both have nice seahorse tanks and I am here just stuck with my coral and fish tanks. Its okay, don't cry for me. But seriously, these two have some a couple of sleek tanks you should see some time.

SAM_5633_zpsxgr0zp1w.jpg

FlashyFins again, if you need any help filling that 20 long let me know and I can throw something your way, although there are some avid reefers in your area too I believe. Good seeing you, until next time yeah.

SAM_5627_zpsmgymqecx.jpg

David rolled through and attended the Salem meet, and who wouldn't? I appreciate you bringing the algae scrubber over, once I get my porch situation finished I will employ it in my systems. Get back to us about how your experience goes with the new scrubber you got when you can. It sounded Nice.

SAM_5624_zpsoyj3ch0c.jpg

Flash! I will get some pics and start testing in the next day or two and we will see about the snake oil we got here. I love a good test.

SAM_5620_zpsxin8i3d6.jpg

KKnight here, helping lead the Tanks For Teachers program. 

SAM_5615_zpsmmdol6oa.jpg

Stylaster and Gumby drove over from Washington, two very seasoned reefers. I gotta ship somethings your way my friends. I know you need some chalice sweetness and I have a couple flavors you might like.

SAM_5607_zpslkuufxu5.jpg

A Terrible picture of Vice President Badxgillen , exchanging corals like I do.

SAM_5612_zpsommoruoz.jpg

Johuapd and Kireek having a in depth conversation, so many like minds in a room and this is what you will get every time.

• Like 5