20L Frag Tank Stocking Plan

HyphyMike

I plan to build a frag tank out of my 20L. I will have egg crate the entire width with rock on 1/3 of the side for a wrasse and anemones later on when the tank matures.

I plan to add a few fish/inverts for various purposes:

2 Turbo Snails

5 Cerith Snails

5 Trochus Snails

5 Red Leg Hermits

Six Line Wrasse

Lawnmower Blenny

Peppermint Shrimp

And a few ornamental fish I've always wanted:

Firefish Goby

and Possibly a pair of clowns

Is this too much? The tank is 30" long. Is there something I forgot that would serve a better purpose at algae and pest prevention, besides the obvious water changes, parameters, and good husbandry?

If this was your tank what would you add? Give me advice. I'm pretty new (10g mixed reef running for about 7 months)

Edited by HyphyMike

And I would recommend adding the clean up crew slow. Because once you start a tank, there is no algae or anything so if you add them all at once most will die.

Otherwise, fish list looks good good to me. Just remember that the more you add, the bigger the bio load which translates into possibly more algae and nitrate levels. Just things to keep in mind. When I do it all over again after I move, I would add less fish then I originally did. And I would stick to mostly fish that serve a purpose like you are. Thats very smart. And I like sand in my frag tanks, just adds that extra level of filtration and looks nicer in my opinion.

An emerald crab or two is also a good choice to help combats Bubble algae and such. I just added a few to my frag tank to make sure I don't get that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not a huge SPS guy. It will mainly be for propagating LPS, Softies, and Zoas. I will probably have a few sps colonies. Maybe 3-5 collector sps frags at the most. 

Thank you. Im ok with a bigger bioload. I have about 40-50 lbs of live rock in the sump right now and I will have an oversized skimmer with filter socks. Possibly going to be adding marinepure ceramic balls in the future. About 30 gallons of total volume.

An emerald crab is very smart, considering my 10g has a small outbreak of bubble algae at the moment. Thanks for that.

Edited by HyphyMike