We're 7 months into the hobby and I've learned a lot, here's how my tanks are looking

AcanLord

Awesome, purdy!  What are some of your biggest learnings so far if you would share?

Imbarrasingly, im mostly self taught from youtube videos and reading other peoples mistakes from different forums. I have Jodi at TECO who has great corals at better than great prices and the best knowledge ive ever come across. I also have a local reefer ive met through Jodi who is on this site, Seamus. He has a great system and helps me whenever i bug him. Ill be totally honest, i bought a testing kit 4 months ago and have never opened it. I just do water changes and dose 2 part irregularly. Admitting that wasnt easy lol i really should be testing my water. My favias havent been happy lately in my big tank so i had to make room in the 20L for them. Also, my chalice and red planet arent doing so hot. i only have a shotty little HOB skimmer right now in my big tank so i dont think its ready for harder SPS. Im gonna take a break from moderate to hard SPS and just let the tank grow. im loving it right now. Both of them make me happy. Any chastising is appreciated and deserved haha

id say the main things ive learned are to take your time and do research before you buy anything. also, try to avoid spur of the moment purchases unless youre sure its something you and your tank can handle. Basically it all comes down to research, the internet is a glorious thing and a lot of people are naturally inclined to help. Also, read about mistakes others have made, it helps to learn from other peoples mistakes, its much cheaper than doing it yourself.

Imbarrasingly, im mostly self taught from youtube videos and reading other peoples mistakes from different forums. I have Jodi at TECO who has great corals at better than great prices and the best knowledge ive ever come across. I also have a local reefer ive met through Jodi who is on this site, Seamus. He has a great system and helps me whenever i bug him. Ill be totally honest, i bought a testing kit 4 months ago and have never opened it. I just do water changes and dose 2 part irregularly. Admitting that wasnt easy lol i really should be testing my water. My favias havent been happy lately in my big tank so i had to make room in the 20L for them. Also, my chalice and red planet arent doing so hot. i only have a shotty little HOB skimmer right now in my big tank so i dont think its ready for harder SPS. Im gonna take a break from moderate to hard SPS and just let the tank grow. im loving it right now. Both of them make me happy. Any chastising is appreciated and deserved haha

Youtube and Jodi and Seamus, you got it made!  All great resources.  

My biggest learning was to find a local successful tank and just copy it.  Once I had it down, then try to experiment from there slowly, one thing at a time for weeks.  

Thanks for sharing we all learn together.