Wtb: Ritteri Anemone

Paratore

I was at the Premium Aquarium in Wilsonville today and I noticed that the ritteri that they have had for a while was splitting.  It is attached to the front glass and I have been looking at it the last few time that I have been in the store.  It has never looked good but maybe that has been because it has been getting ready to split for a while.  It's not in good shape right now because the separation is not complete but it might be in decent shape in a couple of weeks.  I have one that's nine years old and if it ever splits, I'll let you know.

Yeah I was actually at TPA wilsonville today and saw the Ritteri but it was splitting so I held off :/

I may have found a nice one local that's been in captivity for a while and is healthy. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ritteri splits are extremely rare in captivity and sadly most don't make it if they do split.

My previous one was a captive split that came from Hatfield. I should of never gotten rid of it. Hopefully I'll get my hands on a new one of my Fiji trip.

You got rid of it?!!! Dude that thing was beautiful!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Mine has started to split two times since I have had it but both times it grew back together and did not complete the split.  Hopefully the one at PA will fully split and heal up but it doesn't look very good right now.

Mine tried a couple times as well but never actually split.

Yeah I was actually at TPA wilsonville today and saw the Ritteri but it was splitting so I held off :/

I may have found a nice one local that's been in captivity for a while and is healthy. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck, your money is definitely better spent on one that's been in captivity for a while since they ship so poorly. I have a soft spot for H. Mags but  just like carpets they really need a dedicated qt setup with antibiotics if you decide to bring in a new one to increase the odds of long term health and survival.

You got rid of it?!!! Dude that thing was beautiful!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Sadly I did... I hope it's doing well and they didn't kill it.