Frag Tank Lights???

Paratore

I'm currently running two OR T247 LEDs above my frag tank and I'm thinking of switching them out for something else. I mostly keep Zoas and LPS. I'm currently running two AI Primes on my Nuvo 20 and the corals look awesome so I was tempted to go that route but how many would I need? And would be be more cost effective to go a different direction. I'm open to all sorts of lighting, so I'm looking for people's opinions of what they would do or what they are currently running. :)

The tank is 48Wx30Dx12H.

Thanks for you help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd probably need 3-4 primes for the same coverage. You thought about tweaking the led layout on your OR lights?

Also, what about 2x hydra 26? Better coverage than the prime and still that AI look you want :)

I have thought about tweeting the layout but I've been too busy/ lazy lol. Plus who doesn't like getting new equipment lol may have to check out the 26s.

What about those SB lights you got, was hoping you would say those were good options.

I have two SB retrofits over the frag tank along with two t5 bulbs.  

They are decent.  Way too much white though for me, I need to swap out some diodes.  

Also the water is 10" deep in the frag tank so all I can really look at is top downs but I like them and the coral is doing fine under them.

I have to give the same report as TheClark. They are decent light but nothing to jump up and down about in my opinion. For upgrading a black box, they are not too bad for the price but overall I'm not super impressed.

I feel like the blues just don't pack the punch they should, and I agree there is way to much white in them. I've only been running the Primes for a few weeks on the Nuvo and I'm super impressed with how healthy everything is, that's part of why I'm tempted to switch everything out....