Ricordia growout thread (pictures and system set up)

Ok here is mine...........40 breeder garage beater tank that was the holding pen until I could get the big tank going........still has rock a few fish and corals in it. No skimmer just a bunch of macro in the sump. 18 or 20K MH for light. MP 10 for flow and a cheap return pump. On to the pics........

IMG_3153.jpg

IMG_3152.jpg

First grow-out comp and I'm pumped! Thanks, Brian, for settin' this up!

The ric is currently in my frag tank and will stay in there until the end of the comp.

Frag tank system:

2 DIY tanks, 40gal each, both are serviced by a 40gal DIY sump.

Mag 18 return pump.

Bubble Magus Curve 5 for my protein skimmer.

Unknown name calcium reactor.

DIY ATS scrubber.

I run 4 black boxes for lights.

No light schedule, just whenever I wake up, I turn them on, I turn them off before I go to bed.

Manually dose nothing as of a month ago. Before that, was dosing Tech M to raise mag.

Params:

Calc 440

Alk 8.6

Mag 1440

4323096130e05b6244922cab6395ea7f.jpg

404df28ef6455dd3b5c61d6767ad6707.jpg

fea99b0ce557fe91723cb78de95d9791.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Edited by Optimusprime3605

First grow-out comp and I'm pumped! Thanks, Brian, for settin' this up!

The ric is currently in my frag tank and will stay in there until the end of the comp.

Frag tank system:

2 DIY tanks, 40gal each, both are serviced by a 40gal DIY sump.

Mag 18 return pump.

Bubble Magus Curve 5 for my protein skimmer.

Unknown name calcium reactor.

DIY ATS scrubber.

I run 4 black boxes for lights.

No light schedule, just whenever I wake up, I turn them on, I turn them off before I go to bed.

Manually dose nothing as of a month ago. Before that, was dosing Tech M to raise mag.

Params:

Calc 440

Alk 8.6

Mag 1440

ad108081509bf8274c4c7884f1af62f6.jpg

8022963e5f6671a1c06a1709c3b4ef54.jpg

830492ce5d544afb4769e6c13c66c1fb.jpg

Forgot to crop the pics. Pics were taken from my bro-in-laws phone, Galaxy S6. My phone takes crappy pics. Last pic was accidentally put in, Utters from Brian67.

Ok here is mine...........40 breeder garage beater tank that was the holding pen until I could get the big tank going........still has rock a few fish and corals in it. No skimmer just a bunch of macro in the sump. 18 or 20K MH for light. MP 10 for flow and a cheap return pump. On to the pics........

IMG_3153.jpg

IMG_3152.jpg

Finally....... lol

My tank is 100 gallons with 25 gallon refugium under and 20 gallon DSB. 

• Koralia Evolution (600 GPH) - Hydor for side flow,
  • Quiet One PRO 5000 (1458 GPH) - LIfegard pump from sump to tank (PVC pipe with many holes) for flow, also feeds a BRS GFO & Carbon Reactor, and a 20 gallon DSB I kept from the old refugium(no plants at the moment)
  •  I'm running 4 bulbs T8 36" acantic lights on it. I have one white LED double strip 48" light dont remember the make but its from China I had laying around just for a little white light.  
  • Reef Octopus 200 skimmer.
  • 5 gallons of crushed coral/shells intake filters through to bio filter/PH control.
  • Had an old refugium tub with a bio filter rolling wheel I also threw in the sump which has three drawers above it I put filter material, nitrate sponge material, and charcoal off and on.
  • My 74 gallon bowfront display tank in the house is also part of this system, with 60lbs live rock.

post-15139-0-77259600-1479013644_thumb.jpg

post-15139-0-14137400-1479013662_thumb.jpg

WP_20161112_002_zps6roclvkt.jpg

WP_20161112_001_zpsockuvqud.jpg

Two mouths one head.

System Details- 75 gallon frag tank with 1 Reefi LED unit for the whole aquarium, this guy likes to be on the edges.
Filtration-  carbon and a moded Coralife 125 protein skimmer.
Circulation- Sun Sun 800 Gallon Per Hour pumps x 2 
Water changes- maybe once a month but more realistically when the debris build up and I need to do equipment maintenance.
Fish and Feeding- Just a powder blue, mandarin, skunk clowns, springer damsel, and aa PJ. all get omega one every day and frozen brine or mysis twice a week. The corals all benefit form this as the food is kind of liberally broadcast fed. I have a few brittle stars who keep the excess down.
Supplements- 3 part dosing caclium,alk, mag, Red Sea foundation from time to time, Fuel Amino acids, HRD Carbon dosing,
Parameters- PH 7.9-8.1, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrates 5-10ish, phosphates .1, calcium 410, Alk 7, Mag 1200+,

Ok guys I am thinking of extending the first initial post one week as I have had several Pm's and texts with people involved in this completion, are currently out of town on business and would post as soon as they are back. In fact a few have not been able to even pic up yet. I would like to reach out to the contestants and see if this would be agreeable? please respond as to yes or no you would support extending the initial deadline by a week.

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for imput. My intentions for this grow out is to be fun and have some good prizes. I don't want to be a hard $&@ on rules so I thought I would ask for input. I do feel however that some structure is needed but giving an extra week as life sometimes gets in the way