Sign in to follow this  
TheClark

Anyone Ever Try reefbreeders photon v2 Locally?

Just curious, I really like the new IT5102 evergrow platform and the cree/osram led combos along with the six channels.

However, results speak better than technology, curious if anyone local has tried them.

• Like 1

I have the 48" over my 75g and the 24" over my 40b.  They rule.  SPS grows very quickly under them and the colors are pretty good.  Anything specific I can answer?

I have the 48" over my 75g and the 24" over my 40b.  They rule.  SPS grows very quickly under them and the colors are pretty good.  Anything specific I can answer?

Excellent, glad to hear it!  I do like the diodes and features on these guys.

So, what schedule / intensities do you run?  Have any good full tank shots to demo how they have done for your tank?

What did you run before these guys?

Much appreciated!

Reefbreeders offers an excel file to input your channel maxes and it programs a 12 hour schedule.  Here is the excel file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2oeqzxvn3ybnew/TankTable.xlsx

My maxes are:

Hour to start lights 8:00 Max Channel 1 Intensity 40 Max Channel 2 Intensity 40 Max Channel 3 Intensity 80 Max Channel 4 Intensity 60 Max Channel 5 Intensity 80 Max Channel 6 Intensity

I'll post a tank shot tomorrow when everything is awake.  I've only had a couple months of smooth sailing so nothing too crazy yet but the daily growth is noticeable on sps.  

I ran chinese black box LED's prior to these.  It didn't go too well and didn't look good. 

• Like 1

Reefbreeders offers an excel file to input your channel maxes and it programs a 12 hour schedule.  Here is the excel file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2oeqzxvn3ybnew/TankTable.xlsx

My maxes are:

Hour to start lights 8:00 Max Channel 1 Intensity 40 Max Channel 2 Intensity 40 Max Channel 3 Intensity 80 Max Channel 4 Intensity 60 Max Channel 5 Intensity 80 Max Channel 6 Intensity

I'll post a tank shot tomorrow when everything is awake.  I've only had a couple months of smooth sailing so nothing too crazy yet but the daily growth is noticeable on sps.  

I ran chinese black box LED's prior to these.  It didn't go too well and didn't look good. 

That's encouraging, thanks!

They look like quite a nice purplish layout...

My 1300 settings.  It gets a tiny bit brighter at 1400 but this is more or less the peak of the day.  

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

Edited by youcallmenny
  • Like 4