November 2016 Cuttle Fish and Corals Grand Opening Pictures

badxgillen

So as some of you noticed our October meeting fell a week late and spilled over into the month of November, but for good reason. We were having our meeting at the new Cuttlefish and Corals but there were some unexpected construction delays pushing our gathering back a week.

No wine before its time is what I always say.

In the end it is all worth while to have things done right, and you will notice this place is quite proper. Asides from the much more accessible parking this new stores location has room, and lots of it. The place may very well be 3 to 4 times larger than the last establishment with windows and ceilings to match, it has that open and spacious feeling to it.

SAM_4584_zpszna73mpb.jpg

Instead of classic Isles like most stores there are what I would call "Islands" of shallow coral holding and frag tanks.

SAM_4585_zpsxce4yxkl.jpg

Of course theses were all appropriately full of some fine specimens that were sure not to disappoint the finest coral connoisseur. But we will get back to that later on cause now...

SAM_4576_zpsnvjekcxe.jpg

It looks like its time for the party to start.

SAM_4583_zpstnxqpiue.jpg

Various foods for the get together were provided from a beautiful cheese & cracker tray to an assortment of crunchy vegetables, and we cannot forget Holly's delicious chocolate chip cookies can we...

d5db0a3e-4a64-4d3a-8dd2-de5f0214a4a3_zps

Did I mention Jeff has a nice and comfy couch and table for the weary coral hunter, you could spend quite a bit of time here am I right?

SAM_4595_zpsqaow5xv3.jpg

From the beginning to the end Jorge had his work cut out for him, here you can see he has that customer service down.

SAM_4590_zpshn8m6lux.jpg

Speaking of workers, I don't think I ever saw Robyna slow down once! Here are some Cool Cats right here, El Prez Emerald, Robyna, and Spectra all in one shot. And please don't be too upset at me for posting this photo up, I had too, I love it.

SAM_4598_zps91ibr4dr.jpg

Kireek looking into one of those 50 gallon low boy tanks that look oh so sleek, I know I want one too...And are those the grow out ricordeas in there?! Save one for me yeah.

SAM_4617_zps6vzcxexo.jpg

Robert Here checking out the fish aquariums, there is some serious swim space now. Its eally nice.

SAM_4624_zpsvlxxcsf2.jpg

Our good secretary Miles enjoying the gathering, I bet he found some nice frags in that tank, I know I did. Once my main tank is stable again I will hook you up with some acro goodness.

SAM_4652ron_zpsztn9aqvf.jpg

Ron and family came in for a bit and picked up some killer fish and corals. We need to meet up again some time.

SAM_4664_zpsje8n0csb.jpg

KKnight made it out, she is one of the Board Of Directors and active Tanks For Teachers advocate.

SAM_4682_zpspls3powf.jpg

Albertareef getting an idea of whats going into that sweet new tank he has setup. One of everything Right!? 

SAM_4671_zpso0egbaly.jpg

Stylaster made his appearance with his cooler, always a pleasure exchanging words. I feel bad as I failed to get the name of the gentleman standing next to him but if some one can fill me in that would be great.

SAM_4683_zpsk56u3tvo.jpg

Dunpeal in the middle here scoping out the treasures to be had. 

SAM_4686_zpsabi3hg7b.jpg

Youcallmenny for another meeting but a first to the Cuttlefish and Corals. It didn't disappoint did it?

SAM_4692_zpsniqigrwl.jpg

Hey its another one of my home boys int the house, HigherThinking! Did you snag that aqua blue clam in that tank we were looking at?

SAM_4695_zpspt0gzhzf.jpg

Now look who it is here, Zorro! Good acro talk we had, I hope the piece we got ends up looking as good as that wolverine you showed me, then I would totally be happy.

SAM_4701_zpsr700ddxe.jpg

Vance getting closer and closer to getting his system up and running. I didn't get to talk with you at this one but I will be sure to send you a  message here soon about getting things chugging along.

SAM_4708_zpsibsacjne.jpg

Pantherguy, I haven't seen you since the Expo, good to see you again man.

SAM_4712_zpsldtg6mis.jpg

The Clark and daughter came down to snag some fine corals and a nice tang, you all keep that ricordea fat and happy alright, Go Team Clark!

SAM_4719_zps8zicaep4.jpg

Flash21 getting in on the killer raffle for the PNWMAS club. Another apology from me that we did not get to meet properly, I snuck this photo in while I could. Roll out to the December meeting and we can actually have a conversation maybe.

SAM_4734_zps8tsmbtdc.jpg

Lady Sabrtooth. Now that you have that Goniopora in the sweet spot you should try your hand at some other flavors/colors like red or lime or even maybe a alveopora. I like to dream big sometimes.

SAM_4735_zpsi0tsmsww.jpg

Beer and son...Or Son and...Never mind. If you get a chip off the old pheonix keep me in mind will yah. I think I could make room in my tank for that. And thanks for bringing by that acro for me, I got it in a good spot I think.

SAM_4739_zpsuxs76q1p.jpg

Mr Bret our Treasurer who does a mighty fine job I must say and Gill&Fin who also pulls her own weight and then some on our Board of Directors. Kudos.

SAM_4751_zpshlrv7vyk.jpg

Haven't seen this guys face in a while, Jack, glad I got to see you even if it was only for a short bit. I presume you snagged that Torch you had your eyes on? So much Candy...

SAM_4753_zpsjzh6vt2t.jpg

Danlu with his wife. So Daniel, is that 235 gallon rimless already packed or do you still have room for more corals..Wait Don't answer that!...There is always room for one more.

SAM_4757_zpsnat0avme.jpg

MattV is in da House! Another coral connoisseur with good taste.

SAM_4755_zpsclebmc4g.jpg

You all know who this is, BicycleBill. Now I know you don't have any room in that stacked tank of yours, unless you did some sort of "renovation". Oh hek, there is always room for one more.

SAM_4760_zpsjy1gc12a.jpg

Some other good ole reefers I ran into were Drott and Moparfan, its good to be in the club isn't it. All these friendly faces that care about the same thing.

SAM_4703ken_zps2swobfti.jpg

Ken made it to another gathering but there were so many people this time around I failed ot get a word in, my bad. Maybe I will see you all at the December Holiday meeting.

SAM_4604_zpsjh72qya7.jpg

Jeff doing what he does best.

SAM_4622_zpszwuyozim.jpg

And last but not least is the Cuttlefish and Corals owner and the host with the most, Jeff.

Thank You man, You Rock!

It was a great meet.

And now for some other shots of the people and corals involved in the days success.

• Like 8

SAM_4593_zpsukisczfh.jpg

Look at that long run for those fishies!

SAM_4600_zpshrmfarq6.jpg

There goes my budget!

SAM_4601_zps7edhnyiu.jpg

SAM_4602_zpshw0b16mu.jpg

SAM_4630_zps7websqba.jpg

Group drool shot.

SAM_4633_zpswftceuze.jpg

This place got freakin Hoppin! Big turnout I must say.

SAM_4638_zps6xeruwur.jpg

Picked these guys up too.

SAM_4640_zpsscuuttay.jpg

Almost bought a wrasse too, Jorge is quite a sales man.

SAM_4645_zps0attrn1k.jpg

Robyn was slinging things out left and right too. Jeff has good help thats for sure.

SAM_4648_zpspzmhq50x.jpg

Diggin the new layout.

SAM_4656_zpszuf2t4mk.jpg

UNGHN!...

SAM_4693_zpsxaoylx6a.jpg

Take Me Home!!!

SAM_4714_zpsho1x0osg.jpg

Full House...And wait, thats Nostalgia I believe front and center bottom...Whats up man.

• Like 3

Great pictures as always Bert! That had to be a record for people but if you build it they will come !

Thanks Jeff for the extra giveaways and for hosting such a wonderful meeting !

I got a few more corals !

Thanks srobertson for the bonus coral give aways too! Hope to see everyone at the holiday meeting on December in Salem!

Had a ton of fun! Great seeing everyone there.. even encouraged me to sign back in and stay up to date!

.... now I may never come back on because that is a terrible picture of me! ???? But the rest are amazing!

And don't forget there is a mother party at C&C this weekend! Our Grand Opening event is Saturday! See you all in the shop! ????????????

• Like 4

Had a ton of fun! Great seeing everyone there.. even encouraged me to sign back in and stay up to date!

.... now I may never come back on because that is a terrible picture of me! But the rest are amazing!

And don't forget there is a mother party at C&C this weekend! Our Grand Opening event is Saturday! See you all in the shop!

I had a wonderful time as well.Thank you for being so attentive Roybn.Your customer service skills are awesome! Have a blast at the Grand Opening.

*Thanks to Jeff for being so kind.No matter what the time or occasion.*

Special thanks to our board members for all that you do! Kim and Holly in particular for reaching out during these events.You two always help me feel welcome.

• Like 3