Bryopsis help.

Flash21

upgrade your cleanup crew. add small army....

Check your RODI water...old filters?

If you are able to harvest algae elsewhere, that is a great way to get rid of excess nutrients...aka the refugium, algae scrubber etc. I grew hair algae in my sump on purpose...I had it going super thick in the refugium/sump for a few years, and never saw one spec of it in my120 SPS tank...though I did have a posse of tangs too:)

Tech M works...sometimes:) But it's active ingredient I'm not a big fan of....so...yeah...lots of options, good luck! The more natural you can go, the better...IMO.

• Like 1

So this will be day two. I put a small 0.5 dose in the tank as I'll be doing a WC tonight. Appears to work but I can't tell with how blue it is in the Tank. Tomorrow When the Whites turn on I'll post a new pic. Of what I can see looks like a build up of dead algaes in the corner of the tank. So I will suck it up and see the outcome tomorrow.

• Like 1

So Did a WC. Took a Straw and a tube to suck up most of the Dino's or whatever it was. So I guess in the next couple days if nothing Appears something worked.

Prior to cleaning....1st pic I posted next to the Green toadstool there appears to be no Dino's there.

well yesterday did a large water change and just went nuts cleaning... removed any rock that I could that was covered in bryopsis and cut alot of rock out of my tank that I could not remove. I think I removed about 90% of the outbreak.. As for the sand well still working.. I did pick up a few cleaner hermits but will have to get some more next weekend.  I will also order the vibrant Friday.

well yesterday did a large water change and just went nuts cleaning... removed any rock that I could that was covered in bryopsis and cut alot of rock out of my tank that I could not remove. I think I removed about 90% of the outbreak.. As for the sand well still working.. I did pick up a few cleaner hermits but will have to get some more next weekend.  I will also order the vibrant Friday.

Yea I hate to say it but the CUC isn't going to help with this stuff.  Furthermore from my recent experience, leaving .0000001% (IE just the tinyiest speck) of bryopsis will allow it's return. This stuff is a very all or nothing kind of pest.  I had to do a ton of manual removal to get to the point I'm at now (no visible plant matter anywhere I can find), and I'm still about to use the Vibrant to finish it off.  This was all done over the course of a month of Tech M dosing.  I went through a full gallon of it while I dealt manually with the stuff.  I was very, very lucky that it never spread to my rocks.  It's been exclusively in my sump and in my overflow boxes and blowers.  I also killed off a whole gallon of vinegar cleaning my gear and probably 2-3 toothbrushes as well over the last month.  

Phew.  I apologize if I'm sounding discouraging but I've been having a heck of a time ridding my system of this crap and it's my hope that my experience can benefit others.  Here's hoping that Vibrant does what it's supposed to and kills it off for good finally. 

yeah I know about cuc but I needed to get new ones since mine are finally all moving to the big ocean in the sky... They are the original ones from 3 years ago.. :) so it was something I needed either way... yay for vinegar i soaked all my stuff with it too.. lol all pumps clean and new looking :D

Thanks for being the ginea pig Flash! I just placed my order, 16oz is back in stock.

No problem. Here to help. I'll keep more write ups this week.

As never no what happens in the next couple days.

I'll have my wife take some AM photos of the sand bed.

What corals I have in the Tank there hasn't been any harm on them. No harm on inverts either.

In this tank there are

1 Blood shrimp

Many snails and crabs

Emerald crab

2 clown blacker ice snowflake

1 coris wrasse

Too many corals to list 10Rics, 8 shrooms or more, sps, sea apple, many zoas GSP, Galaxia. And many more I'm forgetting.

All are in good shape and have not shown any side effects due to this product.

Ok well, just put my first dose of 14ml in the sump.  I'd post before pictures but I don't know where any bryopsis is left.  It occurs to me that my results will be better demonstrated over time meaning that unless I see it come back I'm just going to have to assume that it worked.  I'll be dosing 14ml twice a week, wednesday/sunday until my 8oz bottle is depleted.  I'll keep you all posted.  

Looking good Flash!