Bryopsis help.

Flash21

Haven't tried this yet but looks like it's working for all sorts of different algaes...may be worth a try

http://www.reef2reef.com/threads/vibrant-liquid-aquarium-cleaner-discussion-thread.271428/

Makes a lot of claims

I read a good portion of that Sunday.

I bought a bottle and will do a write and pics to follow once I receive it.

• Like 1

Makes a lot of claims

I read a good portion of that Sunday.

I bought a bottle and will do a write and pics to follow once I receive it.

Please let us know.  That stuff seems like snake oil in my opinion but on the chance it works, I'll pick up a bottle.  I keep eradicating my bryopsis only to have it pop back up.  Stuff is a menace.

Please let us know. That stuff seems like snake oil in my opinion but on the chance it works, I'll pick up a bottle. I keep eradicating my bryopsis only to have it pop back up. Stuff is a menace.

Will Do.

In the active ingredients...seems like nothing will hurt the Reef.

Snake oil is that like a unicorn?

The Vibrant thread made a really interesting read and I do like the concept of out competing (rather than poisoning). The idea that you could do it so specifically with little to no cross over impact is pretty amazing.  Curious what they say about the export question - especially as they say that skimming isn't a necessity.  I actually opted to pick some up since I am anticipating the usual new tank outbreaks and thought it would be the perfect time to try it out. Will post back if I do end up needing it but, obviously, wouldn't be able to speak to coral impact (just a few zoos that came with a piece of live rock).  Greg - if you want to try it out let me know as I should have some extra - got the large bottle just in case.

• Like 3

The Vibrant thread made a really interesting read and I do like the concept of out competing (rather than poisoning). The idea that you could do it so specifically with little to no cross over impact is pretty amazing.  Curious what they say about the export question - especially as they say that skimming isn't a necessity.  I actually opted to pick some up since I am anticipating the usual new tank outbreaks and thought it would be the perfect time to try it out. Will post back if I do end up needing it but, obviously, wouldn't be able to speak to coral impact (just a few zoos that came with a piece of live rock).  Greg - if you want to try it out let me know as I should have some extra - got the large bottle just in case.

I appreciate it Sean.  Honestly though if this product kills bryopsis then they can take my dollars at a high rate of speed.  I'm all for a biological answer as opposed to some aquatic herbicide.  I just have a hard time imagining anything out competing the devil algae.  We're all gunna find out in this thread pretty shortly though!!!

• Like 1

Just poured in 1st dose at .09 ML as im treating the 10 gallon tank. So this write up should be pretty short.

I had to smell the product and I thought it would have some kind of smell or color. clear as water and looks like water, LOL.

Maybe it is Seawater...

Edited by Flash21

I appreciate it Sean.  Honestly though if this product kills bryopsis then they can take my dollars at a high rate of speed.  I'm all for a biological answer as opposed to some aquatic herbicide.  I just have a hard time imagining anything out competing the devil algae.  We're all gunna find out in this thread pretty shortly though!!!

Well... if you get anxious to try it let me know. I can message you when it comes in. Since I don't have an outbreak yet (at least not when I looked last night) I won't make a great test case right away.

Just poured in 1st dose at .09 ML as im treating the 10 gallon tank. So this write up should be pretty short.

I had to smell the product and I thought it would have some kind of smell or color. clear as water and looks like water, LOL.

Maybe it is Seawater...

What does it taste like? :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like 1