Bryopsis help.

Flash21

The last month or so it becoming more and more.

I've tried just WCs as my method for starters. (Bedroom tank 10gallon nuvo). Sucking up most on the sand bed or trying to.

So my questions are...has anyone else dealt with this?

I've read Kent Tech M will help.

Or

http://www.reef2reef.com/threads/vibrant-liquid-aquarium-cleaner-discussion-thread.271428/

What are your thoughts or any help will help me out.

I will post a pic here when the lights turn on. As maybe my ID is wrong on it.

Thanks

Oh yes........... been fighting it for several months now.. Along with cyano. I have used the kent tech M but it didnt get rid of it. I have noticed it did reduce it though. I need to buy another bottle since I was really using it to raise my Mag that for some reason has dropped. I do a lot of manual removal to help keep it check. Yes Im looking into buying some of that myself but its pretty spendy for a bottle.

Been dealing with this a few months now.  I thought I'd finally won with the Tech M solution and manual removal.  I didn't.  I found several clumps in my sump this morning.  Over a gallon of tech m was used this last month.  Daily I've ripped large clumps of macro out that had a tiny bit of bryopsis in it.  All the teeth in my overflow/sump have been scrubbed repeatedly.  The pumps/blowers have all been removed, soaked in vinegar, dismantled, scrubbed, allowed to completely air dry.  Yet somehow, this morning, it's back.  I'm about at my wits end with this stuff.  It's very frustrating and I'm not really sure what to do at this point.  I suspect that if it had spread to my rocks I'd have had to shut my tank down. 

I guess I'll get another gallon of tech m and continue fighting it.  Unless someone has some better advice?

Been dealing with this a few months now. I thought I'd finally won with the Tech M solution and manual removal. I didn't. I found several clumps in my sump this morning. Over a gallon of tech m was used this last month. Daily I've ripped large clumps of macro out that had a tiny bit of bryopsis in it. All the teeth in my overflow/sump have been scrubbed repeatedly. The pumps/blowers have all been removed, soaked in vinegar, dismantled, scrubbed, allowed to completely air dry. Yet somehow, this morning, it's back. I'm about at my wits end with this stuff. It's very frustrating and I'm not really sure what to do at this point. I suspect that if it had spread to my rocks I'd have had to shut my tank down.

I guess I'll get another gallon of tech m and continue fighting it. Unless someone has some better advice?

Oh man... so sorry to hear that. We were just talking about having beat this yesterday - hope I didn't jink it for you. Sorry I don't have any great suggetions but good luck to you all.

Edited by albertareef

IMG_6816_zpsxxnahidc.jpg

This is the best pic I could get.

It only stays on the sand bed only. I just did a 1 gallon water change or so. Sucking up most that I could get. I did squirt some MG on the areas I could reach.

I will continue to do weekly WCs. Soon to follow will be the Chemical stuff.

Oh man... so sorry to hear that. We were just talking about having beat this yesterday - hope I didn't jink it for you. Sorry I don't have any great suggetions but good luck to you all.

Haha I know. I saw it and my first thought was, "welp, glad I went bragging about beating it." Way to stick my foot in my mouth.

• Like 1

Yeah mine is on some very large rocks that are glued all together. If it wasnt I would just jerk the rock out and scrub it outside of my tank. On the sand I have cyano.  which is gone first thing in the morning and as soon as lights come on you can watch it start to pop out of the sand :( its just sad

IMG_6816_zpsxxnahidc.jpg

This is the best pic I could get.

It only stays on the sand bed only. I just did a 1 gallon water change or so. Sucking up most that I could get. I did squirt some MG on the areas I could reach.

I will continue to do weekly WCs. Soon to follow will be the Chemical stuff.

Took a look at this on my computer instead of my phone.  I don't think this is bryopsis.  I've never seen it grow on sand and it doesn't really look like that.  I think you have dino's. 

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1620464

Still bad and i may be wrong but just a heads up.  Here is a picture of what the bryopsis I'm used to seeing looks like.

http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/SpenceDaFence/media/bryopsis1_zpsaf9cad64.jpg.html

Took a look at this on my computer instead of my phone.  I don't think this is bryopsis.  I've never seen it grow on sand and it doesn't really look like that.  I think you have dino's. 

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1620464

Still bad and i may be wrong but just a heads up.  Here is a picture of what the bryopsis I'm used to seeing looks like.

http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/SpenceDaFence/media/bryopsis1_zpsaf9cad64.jpg.html

After seeing that photo I was thinking the same exact thing, looks like Dinos to me

here is a picture of dinos in my tank when I was fighting it

Pkd4K8z.jpg?1

I think I have some kind of mutant bryopsis that doesn't respond to the Kent tech m. My mg has been sitting close to 3000ppm for a few weeks now, and it still doesn't seem to mind. I've been slowly bringing it up over the past several months thinking I'd find the magic level that would kill the stuff.

I'm going to try daily water changes for a few weeks and see if I can starve it out and poison it at the same time.

I'm in the verge of taking the tank down, this is getting really frustrating. Good luck!

I think I have some kind of mutant bryopsis that doesn't respond to the Kent tech m. My mg has been sitting close to 3000ppm for a few weeks now, and it still doesn't seem to mind. I've been slowly bringing it up over the past several months thinking I'd find the magic level that would kill the stuff.

I'm going to try daily water changes for a few weeks and see if I can starve it out and poison it at the same time.

I'm in the verge of taking the tank down, this is getting really frustrating. Good luck!

If yours looks anything like the pic I posted or one of the pics flash posted its most likely Dino's, in that case I would take a look at this thread here

and try following the steps Lex listed out, he pretty much covers everything, the only thing I would add to that would be dosing peroxide along with his list.

• Like 1