Accidental new member

Trailermann

Walked into Cuttlefish store amidst your event today.  What a crowd.  Store owner asked if I was a member.  I said "member of what". So thanks to her introduction, here I am, and looking forward to participating.

Innocent question.  This website has a place to subscribe, but does not say anything about the benefits of the subscription.  Can someone fill me in?

Cellphone photo of my 30 gallon JBJ rimless is too big to post.  How do I shrink it?

Another question:   What is Tapatalk and how is it used with this site?

• Like 3

Welcome! So glad you decided to tune in. There are lots of benefits to being a "Supporting Member." There are other threads that spell it out better than I would, but here are a couple. First and foremost for a lot of us, is that pnwmas is a non-profit organization and one of our missions is to educate and inform. One way we do this is with the Tank for Teachers program. We help out local schools with setting up aquariums, advice, and even some purchases of equipment. The dues you pay as a supporting member actually help support that program.

Other, more tangible benefits, are inclusion in member grow outs, extra raffle tickets at meetings,

and the ability to edit your posts , which comes in extremely handy when you are selling things and need to mark them Sold.

About uploading pictures. It can be kind of tough, but I suspect the problem you are currently having is that new members (ones with less than 25 posts) can't upload pictures. Even after that, it can be tough. We're looking at upgrading the server to make that easier. Anyway, can somebody find the link to ChrisQ's thread about uploading pictures, including the stuff I posted about Tapatalk?

Holly

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Welcome to the club. To add to what Kim has said, being a paid member is less about "perks" for me as it is about supporting a local club that I get so much out of. A couple times a year we will usually fly out a guest speaker who is an expect in a particular aquatic field, we buy raffle gifts for members, buy food at the monthly meeting, and so much more. That all cost money and that money comes from members.

Additionally, I've learned so much from this club, that paying $25 a year still seems like I'm getting over. I can easily drop $15 bucks on lunch and coffee in one afternoon, so why not budget the club in too?

But to be fair I did wait a couple months before becoming a paid member. Sometimes you gotta hang out for a bit to see the value.

As for Tapatalk, it is simply a forum app. It allows you to connect to your forum(s) of choice and it allows for much easier browsing (in my opinion). Also, with Tapatalk, to post pictures from my phone all I have to do is click the attachment button and it automatically formats it correctly. Posting pictures through Tapatalk is an absolute breeze.

• Like 4

Welcome!  That must have been a bit intimidating to walk into C&C Saturday for your first exposure to the club but glad to hear you signed on.  As others have said, it is probably the best investment you could make in being successful in this hobby and does go to support a great organization - tanks for teachers being just one example.  Very supportive and informative group... just wait until the first time you have a tank crisis (we all have them) and you will see.