Back in the game: 125 Reef (re)build!

albertareef

3 minutes ago, Higher Thinking said:

Looking good! Nice to hear that things are coming along in your operation. Now don't make any direct eye contact with equipment or coral or something is bound to go wrong. At least that's how it seems to go sometimes in this hobby.

No kidding... now I am worried that I may have jinxed myself just by posting this update! (finding some wood to knock on)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cstark said:

Just picked up an empty 120g and stand today. Getting ready for the project as a whole. Glass to drill, plumbing to do and lots of planning. Nice to see your project as it has come along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!  Good luck with your build. Will keep an eye open for a thread on it. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, KeanuReefs said:

Sweet tank. I'm very impressed by the clown tang. They have always been my favorite tang but I have been to scared to pull the trigger. Have you had any aggression issues? 

Thanks!  He is a particularly hearty example. No aggression issues so far but I added it and the sailfin together. The sailfin is the definite “boss of the tank” but leaves the clown alone. The only time the clown really pays any attention to the other fish is when the nori goes into the tank - then he will try to chase other fish away from the prize! Even then it isn’t overly aggressive - never seen him corner or ram another fish. Fingers crossed...

Seeing this thread pop up it reminds me how badly I need to sort out the white balance on my camera and get some decent pictures up. Either that or just invite Nanoreefer over for a photo party 😁. You can actually see the corals in there at this point - although it’s hard to tell from these pics. 😞

• 2 months later...

Looking really nice Sean!  Remind me, are those Ocean Revives?  Glad to see those frags grew up! :highfive:  Also I didn't realize your Sailfin was a Desjardini.  We picked up a big one from Jeff for the new tank.  She's in QT now.  Literally my favorite fish, bar none. 

Edited by youcallmenny
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, youcallmenny said:

Looking really nice Sean!  Remind me, are those Ocean Revives?  Glad to see those frags grew up! :highfive:  Also I didn't realize your Sailfin was a Desjardini.  We picked up a big one from Jeff for the new tank.  She's in QT now.  Literally my favorite fish, bar none. 

Thanks Greg!  Those are actually SB reeflights 32 pros with timers. There channel manually dimable but no ramping. I couldn’t find info on the ORs at the time - he was in hiatus or something. 

I know some of the large pieces in there are from your frags (orange cap?) so thanks again for getting me started!  

Yeah - the one fish Darcy really wanted was the Desjardin - well, that and the marine betta and the green coris and the jawfish 😄

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Willapa said:

Very nice Sean! You have had great growth in one year. It's interesting to look back at the initial photos in the thread and fast forward to today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!  The montis and birds nests went crazy but some of the acros are starting to come around as well. Seems like they weren’t really happy until at least 8months in or so - they would survive but not thrive. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, stylaster said:

Nice collection you got going there.  Always great to see corals grow out into colonies

Thanks Roy!  Still have a long ways to go to get to the level you and the rest of the pros are at (if ever) but it's encouraging just to see some things actually grow!  Next step is getting the acros truly happy... (crosses fingers)

22 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Looking good Sean! Like others have said it is hard to believe that this tank has not been up that long. Nice job!

Thanks Kim!  Now that I go back and look at the pics from May, things have really filled in a lot.  Still trying to get some of the more challenging specimens dialed in but at least some of it is happy :D  Hopefully I didn't jinx myself there...

• Like 1