Sign in to follow this  
albertareef

Back in the game: 125 Reef (re)build!

3 minutes ago, Higher Thinking said:

Looking good! Nice to hear that things are coming along in your operation. Now don't make any direct eye contact with equipment or coral or something is bound to go wrong. At least that's how it seems to go sometimes in this hobby.

No kidding... now I am worried that I may have jinxed myself just by posting this update! (finding some wood to knock on)

• Like 1

Just picked up an empty 120g and stand today. Getting ready for the project as a whole. Glass to drill, plumbing to do and lots of planning. Nice to see your project as it has come along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cstark said:

Just picked up an empty 120g and stand today. Getting ready for the project as a whole. Glass to drill, plumbing to do and lots of planning. Nice to see your project as it has come along.

Thanks!  Good luck with your build. Will keep an eye open for a thread on it. 

• Like 1

Thanks!  Good luck with your build. Will keep an eye open for a thread on it. 

Was already thinking to start that post later this week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N70SJ said:

Very beautiful stand. I love well made stands with hardwoods.

Thanks!  I am quite happy with how it turned out. It was the first stand my friend had done and we designed it together - he mostly does furniture pieces.  

Sweet tank. I'm very impressed by the clown tang. They have always been my favorite tang but I have been to scared to pull the trigger. Have you had any aggression issues? 

1 hour ago, KeanuReefs said:

Sweet tank. I'm very impressed by the clown tang. They have always been my favorite tang but I have been to scared to pull the trigger. Have you had any aggression issues? 

Thanks!  He is a particularly hearty example. No aggression issues so far but I added it and the sailfin together. The sailfin is the definite “boss of the tank” but leaves the clown alone. The only time the clown really pays any attention to the other fish is when the nori goes into the tank - then he will try to chase other fish away from the prize! Even then it isn’t overly aggressive - never seen him corner or ram another fish. Fingers crossed...

Seeing this thread pop up it reminds me how badly I need to sort out the white balance on my camera and get some decent pictures up. Either that or just invite Nanoreefer over for a photo party 😁. You can actually see the corals in there at this point - although it’s hard to tell from these pics. 😞