Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
albertareef

Back in the game: 125 Reef (re)build!

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Higher Thinking said:

Looking good! Nice to hear that things are coming along in your operation. Now don't make any direct eye contact with equipment or coral or something is bound to go wrong. At least that's how it seems to go sometimes in this hobby.

No kidding... now I am worried that I may have jinxed myself just by posting this update! (finding some wood to knock on)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just picked up an empty 120g and stand today. Getting ready for the project as a whole. Glass to drill, plumbing to do and lots of planning. Nice to see your project as it has come along.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Cstark said:

Just picked up an empty 120g and stand today. Getting ready for the project as a whole. Glass to drill, plumbing to do and lots of planning. Nice to see your project as it has come along.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!  Good luck with your build. Will keep an eye open for a thread on it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks!  Good luck with your build. Will keep an eye open for a thread on it. 



Was already thinking to start that post later this week.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very beautiful stand. I love well made stands with hardwoods.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, N70SJ said:

Very beautiful stand. I love well made stands with hardwoods.

Thanks!  I am quite happy with how it turned out. It was the first stand my friend had done and we designed it together - he mostly does furniture pieces.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweet tank. I'm very impressed by the clown tang. They have always been my favorite tang but I have been to scared to pull the trigger. Have you had any aggression issues? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KeanuReefs said:

Sweet tank. I'm very impressed by the clown tang. They have always been my favorite tang but I have been to scared to pull the trigger. Have you had any aggression issues? 

Thanks!  He is a particularly hearty example. No aggression issues so far but I added it and the sailfin together. The sailfin is the definite “boss of the tank” but leaves the clown alone. The only time the clown really pays any attention to the other fish is when the nori goes into the tank - then he will try to chase other fish away from the prize! Even then it isn’t overly aggressive - never seen him corner or ram another fish. Fingers crossed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing this thread pop up it reminds me how badly I need to sort out the white balance on my camera and get some decent pictures up. Either that or just invite Nanoreefer over for a photo party 😁. You can actually see the corals in there at this point - although it’s hard to tell from these pics. 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok... the holidays seem like a good time for some updated tank pics!  Starting off with a FTS followed by a panoramic series - sorry, no fancy photo knitting at this point, just off my point and shoot. :teardrop:

 

DSCN1702.JPG

DSCN1703.JPG

DSCN1704.JPG

DSCN1705.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lookin good Sean! That stand blows me away still. It turned out really nice

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, PowderBlue said:

Lookin good Sean! That stand blows me away still. It turned out really nice

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 

Thanks Randall!  I am really happy with it although I hardly ever have the panels on - always messing around in the sump 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! That's allot of SPS Growth over the last year since you put the tank up! Looking Good.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Exodus said:

Wow! That's allot of SPS Growth over the last year since you put the tank up! Looking Good.

Thanks!  You don’t really notice when you see it every day but it’s to the point where I badly need too trim some stuff as it’s shading other pieces. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking really nice Sean!  Remind me, are those Ocean Revives?  Glad to see those frags grew up! :highfive:  Also I didn't realize your Sailfin was a Desjardini.  We picked up a big one from Jeff for the new tank.  She's in QT now.  Literally my favorite fish, bar none. 

Edited by youcallmenny
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, youcallmenny said:

Looking really nice Sean!  Remind me, are those Ocean Revives?  Glad to see those frags grew up! :highfive:  Also I didn't realize your Sailfin was a Desjardini.  We picked up a big one from Jeff for the new tank.  She's in QT now.  Literally my favorite fish, bar none. 

Thanks Greg!  Those are actually SB reeflights 32 pros with timers. There channel manually dimable but no ramping. I couldn’t find info on the ORs at the time - he was in hiatus or something. 

I know some of the large pieces in there are from your frags (orange cap?) so thanks again for getting me started!  

Yeah - the one fish Darcy really wanted was the Desjardin - well, that and the marine betta and the green coris and the jawfish 😄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice Sean! You have had great growth in one year. It's interesting to look back at the initial photos in the thread and fast forward to today!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Willapa said:

Very nice Sean! You have had great growth in one year. It's interesting to look back at the initial photos in the thread and fast forward to today!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!  The montis and birds nests went crazy but some of the acros are starting to come around as well. Seems like they weren’t really happy until at least 8months in or so - they would survive but not thrive. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice collection you got going there.  Always great to see corals grow out into colonies

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, stylaster said:

Nice collection you got going there.  Always great to see corals grow out into colonies

Thanks Roy!  Still have a long ways to go to get to the level you and the rest of the pros are at (if ever) but it's encouraging just to see some things actually grow!  Next step is getting the acros truly happy... (crosses fingers)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good Sean! Like others have said it is hard to believe that this tank has not been up that long. Nice job!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Looking good Sean! Like others have said it is hard to believe that this tank has not been up that long. Nice job!

Thanks Kim!  Now that I go back and look at the pics from May, things have really filled in a lot.  Still trying to get some of the more challenging specimens dialed in but at least some of it is happy :D  Hopefully I didn't jinx myself there...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't say much that hasn't been said - Great looking tank / stand.   

 

Nate

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, nrc said:

Can't say much that hasn't been said - Great looking tank / stand.   

 

Nate

Thanks Nate!  You still need to swing by for some frags when you get a chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×