Sign in to follow this  
Higher Thinking

Tank leaking

At least it's not the reef! My 75 gal planted, fresh has sprung a leak! Nothing too devastating but a noticeable puddle surrounding the tank.

I'm currently draining it into a 50 gallon barrel atm. I'm in a pretty desperate need for a replacement. Anyone selling a standard 75 gal tank? I need it asap, obviously. Thanks all!

And pictures just because:

d41d7e477f904fdd39ea5d3d73a4d83b.jpg

a69a02d1d384ecb3990ae4785c382c31.jpg

NOOOOO!!! Sorry to hear that man, that tank was awesome. I wish I could help you out but I am too far away and have no 75. I feel your pain though as I have had several tanks go out on me over the years, infact one just a few weeks ago. Someone on the forum has to have a 75 they need to get rid of...Or a 90 maybe?

Thanks you guys. Here it is in all its glory:

761349f91e0075771c25c019d9846c9f.jpg

Upgrade to the 180, huh? That is real tempting, especially because my filter is rated for 400 gallons! The biggest drawback would be having to get lights and then inspect/reinforce the floor. My wife is immediately opposed, but I'm not. Although I think I'm just living in fantasy land right now.

Hopefully someone will have a 75. I'm sure I could snag something from CL if all else fails.

• Like 2

Dang that sucks man! Just look at the positives, it didn't blow a seam while you were gone, you caught it before it was terrible! Hope everything turns out ok for you.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks Jeramy. I got one off CL for $75. I haven't seen pics, so hopefully it's in good shape like they say it is. I'm supposed to get in Monday evening as both myself and the seller are out of town this weekend. Should have everything put back together Monday night.

That is rough. I have had two split seams, one of them a complete blowout on a 125. The freshwater sure is a lot easier to deal with though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1