Paratore's Nuvo 20

Paratore

Really cool Cody! I love that aquascaping. Is your derasa going in there?

Thanks!

I'm not sure yet! I was thinking about adding it but the tank may be too cluttered with it... may just have to place her in my dads 180.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f67200fd312ab6da4c16b165aa16e11d.jpg81421240f9ff3a96bd97a008b26a7c40.jpg7f4d73a25f5dace6a10e9732d6199ab9.jpg2f2bcbf6845754c687b97bf386746b23.jpgEveryone seems nice and happy only a few hours later :) The Anemone is staying where I placed it (front and center) so let's hope it stays there! It's amazing how BTA can just suddenly have bubbles. This anemone has been in my care for over a year (multiple splits) and I've only seen bubbles once when I first got it! Place it in the Nuvo 20 and BOOM the bubbles are back! I have a feeling it's light related and that it's loving the AI Primes :) All the other critters are eating and moving about!

• Like 1

Really cool looking tank. Be careful with that xenia having free access to spread about :)

thanks for the kind words :) I'm secretly hoping it spreads all over the side and back wall! If it starts to spread on the rocks, I'll pick it off. Thanks for the heads up though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well rocks have changed yet again! Last rock formation wasted a lot of space that corals could be placed. Think this new one will be better. :)

And I've decided to take the tank in the zoa direction! Gonna be zoa dominated with some LPS and a few SPS :)

50c40a9aa63b2ad596b61fc756bb75a4.jpgdd04c244e4267a6a639fc6bf724b5956.jpgffba262199878677671417508179ea57.jpg33eb1554934e6fc0b7a407f3989c5e2f.jpg5dc63dca7daf675fbf8efed38821a126.jpg059cedabba8722a7703eea57d1e5b1d7.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks! I love the Nuvo 20!

I feed Hikari Marine S pellets from BRS. I feed about once a day. It helps me keep nutrients under control. No dosing at all! This is my "easy" tank. All I do is a 2.5 gallon or so water change once a week. And for my rerun I'm using the sicca 1.5 I believe. It pushes about 650 gallons per hour and it's my only flow source. It is also dead quite. I highly recommend it.

• Like 1

I used to run an mp10 but it was over kill with most my love stock being zoas. So now I've just got the return and some spin streams. I'm getting crazy good growth and there is actually a lot of water movement. I highly recommend it :) it's also nice having zero PH in the display lol

• Like 1

Yes you did! The JBJ 45 I was going to set up was to big because I had to downsize my house at school. So I sold it and got the 20 and trained them to love anemones. The are loving it in there! My room mates and I call them Candy and Spot lol.

• Like 1

Thanks Kim! The pump I'm using now puts out a lot of flow, enough that I took off my MP10 and just use the return. I'm very happy with it. 10/10 would recommend!

I had 2 stock pumps in mine but I would definitely consider the pump you mentioned if I got another one.

• Like 1