Cat issues

Flash21

So just took our cat to he vet to get teeth cleaning. Vet just had called and said all of his teeth are rot etc. well long story short. Bill will be just right at 1grand. (All his teeth except K nines).

Wondering if anyone knows of a place that is cheaper?

So for now his teeth are clean. He'll only be eating wet food for the time being.

Poor little guy and he's only 2 years old.

Thanks Chris.

Some holistic vets have recommended applying coconut oil to the cat's teeth and gums as a possible treatment for dental problems. Coconut oil fat is nearly 50% lauric acid, which is a compound with amazing health promoting properties. It contains antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral properties that boost the immune system. Lauric acid is converted by the body into monolaurin and makes coconut oil effective in treating many bacterial and fungal infections.  I feel this may be worth a try.

If you do decide to go with the vet's option of tooth removal, you might look into this. https://www.carecredit.com/

Some holistic vets have recommended applying coconut oil to the cat's teeth and gums as a possible treatment for dental problems. Coconut oil fat is nearly 50% lauric acid, which is a compound with amazing health promoting properties. It contains antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral properties that boost the immune system. Lauric acid is converted by the body into monolaurin and makes coconut oil effective in treating many bacterial and fungal infections.  I feel this may be worth a try.

If you do decide to go with the vet's option of tooth removal, you might look into this. https://www.carecredit.com/

I would second this. Wont hurt to try the Coconut oil before entertaining 1k in expenses. I would imagine the cat is like a family member though so I can understand the pressure or concern

So after talking to the doctor about this whole situation.

Our cat is going in next month at a later day. He's been through a lot today.

I did call around at various vet clinics and it was about the same price at around 908$.

Thanks for all the input and concern.

Sorry to hear about your cat. We have two brothers that went through this last year at about age 11. One lost all his canines and the other about 6 of his other teeth. The one who lost his canines actually felt much better afterward and started eating well again - they clearly had been bothering him. Good luck sorting out the best approach.

Try vets in Canby. Can't remember the name but rural farming community vets are so much cheaper. Cat had a fish hook stuck in its lip(long story) called metro vets and it was between $500-$750 to get it removed. Called a Canby vet and they asked if we had him fixed yet. We said no. They said $50 for getting him fixed and they will take out the hook while he is under for free.

Have never looked for another vet. If you need the name let me know. I will ask my wife.

I spoke to many clinics and they are not set up to do a full set of extractions. They can do one or two. But not all!

Wife and I talked about it and I told her that this could cause jaw and or heart problems. Etc.

So I just called back up our vet and said book us in for ASAP!

So on the 28th Samson goes in for repair work.

Thanks local reef members for all the posts and concerns.

Wish the cat was on my dental plan.