Had a bad day/hard luck

katarian

So I woke up and checked my tank and the corals seemed happy, and then my friend comes over and notices that one clown is missing. We looked for it everywhere and didn't find it anywhere and then I finally looked behind the aquarium and it was on the carpet, dead. It was my very first fish that I ever got. So it left me devastated.

And then in the evening, I was feeding my fish and had the circulation pump and return pump on feeding time and the circulation pump wouldn't turn on. So I pulled it out and cleaned it and it started working.

When I thought everything was going well, my T5 fixture took a dunk into the tank and lights went off.

Nothing seriously bad happened, but I just hope the fixture works fine (it's the only light fixture I have and can't afford a new one for a while), I opened it and dried it out a bit and the lights did come on, but not so bright. So hopefully tomorrow, when the lights go on, they work fine.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure most of us have lost a fish or 2 or 3 to the carpet.  I have even with a cover either because the cover was not on all the way or some fish ( firefish for example) still can get through the mesh.  Try not to let it get you down.  Sometimes when I think about it I realize how crazy we all are :)

I have 60 gallons of water in my bedroom that requires a lot of electricity and pumps to keep everything going. Pumps can fail, ro water can be forgotten and lights are hanging so close to the water. I'm sure many a person has had their light fall into the tank too. It's a wonder they don't make better waterproof lighting systems.

Hopefully your light makes it but if not there are lots of people with lots of lights lying around that I'm sure they would sell you cheaply or let you borrow.

Good luck!

Yep had my dottyback jump out not once but twice in less than 24hrs. Save him first time but not the second. And that is with a top..solo the tank just sits empty with me flipping back in forth with me thinking of shutting it down to no I will add something new to it....lol I'm leaning to shutting down due to $

Had a freshwater fish called a Tricoti (very fast, fairly expensive) jump once. I came home and was just missing one from the group so I look around and then I realize that there is now a fish swimming in my 20g hospital tank next to the tank. Yeah - fish jumped and landed in the hospital tank...thus making him the only fish I know of to have experienced a falling sensation and lived to tell his buddies about it.

Then they started to get eaten by a 12in Moba Frontosa I got....so it's hard to say which way he would have preferred to go out.

• Like 1

I had this happen to my most expensive fish ever - a lineatus fairy wrasse (cool fish).  Disappeared one day and found it a few years later behind the tank when I took it down.  Had a full enclosed hood at the time as well so no idea how it got out. I think I have had all of those things happen... just not in the same day!  Feel your pain...

Sorry to hear about your little guy. I have had my fair share of loses during my freshwater days. I had a DIY coffee table fish tank with large gold fish in it. One day I found one of them dead on the floor by the couch. I couldn't figure out how he got out. I eventually caught our cat sticking his paw through the gap under the table top and doing some fishing of his own.

I too hope the light makes it, but as Emerald said, we're here to help if needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk