The New Guy

mystersyster

Hey all. Came across this site by accident, as I've been on Nano-reef.com almost exclusively. Thought it would be fun to converse with some people in the PNW. I'm in the Seattle area and have a 40 breeder that will be turning a year old soon. It's been my most successful tank, and a ton of fun. It still has a long way to go, and grow. Looking forward to talking with you all!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums!  There's a great group of reefers on here that are very community oriented.  I'm sure you'll find plenty of helpful interaction.

Thanks a ton for the welcome! That's what I'm looking for. It's a pretty small community and it's fun to bounce ideas off one another.

Hey! Welcome! Glad to see that we are reaching people father and farther north. The community of people on this board are pretty unique. Hope to see you at a meeting.

Thanks! I'll have to get more information about the meeting. 

Welcome!!! Any shops you would recommend in Seattle? I know about Barrier Reef in Renton but do not know about other shops.

I would recommend Barrier Reef for corals/inverts only. They have a good selection. However, with space constraints I never set up a QT and got Ich twice from a fish, and frags from them. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe they QT the new fish they receive. So if you don't QT then I would recommend Saltwater City in Bellevue/Redmond. The guy there doesn't have a great selection of corals in my opinion, and they are slightly overpriced for me, but he does QT his fish, which is great if you aren't QTing. If you want some custom work done (stands, overflows, aquariums) then hit up Oceans by Design. There is a new guy in town as well (Bellevue) that has mostly corals. The cheapest frags you'll find there are 25 bucks. 

Welcome, Im out in GIg Harbor/Belfair area. Maybe we can make some trades sometime

Thank you. I love that side, and used to live in Silverdale. I would love to trade sometime in the future. My tank is still in the grow out phase so it'll probably be another six months before I start trimming things down. 

Here are some pics for all of you. (Galaxy s5 camera, not the greatest)

20160820_140434_zpsmr5nvmyh.jpg

20160820_140452_zpshg4yyh78.jpg

20160819_132828_zpsh4dnww0n.jpg

20160819_132903_zpsikybykov.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...