For those of you who are not into the SPS Acropora scene it looks like we still have a few of the zoanthids left from the Oregon Reef Expo as well and this means there will be another auction. And as with the other auction going on right now all the proceed will be going straight to the Tanks For Teachers program.

Just look at this nice and colorful coral frag pack going on here.

SAM_3005_zpsornsvwas.jpg

A couple mini colonies about to start here. Blue Eyed Girls, Armageddons, Dragon Eyes, Purple Deaths, Fire and Ice, and two other nice looking frags to complete the paly polyp pack.

The bidding will end on Friday the 19th midnight, with preferred pick up at the August 21st meeting at Emeralds House.

Let the bidding begin.

Another successful Tanks For Teachers auction closed.

Thank You all who donated corals and to all who made bids, that means you Joestotz. Very Cool!

See you at the August BBQ.

Just to get it started I'll go 100.00

That's a snag. Some pretty awesome picks in there.

I also want to say thank you for participating. It is for a good cause.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By cmckown
      I am moving and would like to see my sps tank go to the right home. I have it posted on craigslist,
      <Removed link>
      I would love if some generous philanthropist would like to share the cost with me as I could really use some moving money.
      I am open to all ideas. Thank you
      Corey M.

• By Micksfish
      Hello All, 
      I haven't posted on this forum yet, but have been in the fish hobby for quite some time. I have been noticing something that has really concerned me and it just seems to be getting worse. 
      I live in the greater Seattle area and have noticed that we have been continually losing our quality fish stores over the last 10 to 15 years. Especially saltwater stores. We don't even have a reef club or reef swap to anymore (the Tri Cities even have one!!).   With Red C Aquarium store closing down. We now have Dennys Pet World, The Fish Store, Barrier Reef Aquariums and a few others that make up the available retail stores we can visit between Everett and Tacoma. Sure I missed a few of the smaller shops or mixed pet shops but you get my point. We really have a limited selection. When we look at meet ups or frag swaps, this is even more limited with what is available. I remember there used to be a much larger selection of events that were held yearly for aquarium hobbyists. But it seems, with time, they keep dropping off. 
      Aside from online retailers what do you think the cause of this is? You look around the US and every region has big yearly expos that bring national attention to their regions for fish and reef hobbyists. Then you look at the Pacific Northwest and it is a black hole. We need to work together to bring this back! 
      I know we can be introverted people who don't like to always go outside of our house. But this is something that I dearly miss and believe many of you do as well. 
      So I propose we try to work on getting ourselves back to what used to be. We need to stat supporting our local fish stores. Regardless if their prices are a bit more expensive. Soon enough, we will reach a day where you have an emergency and are unable to find a store anywhere that can assist you quickly. Instead, you have to wait two days for your order to show up, which in many cases, will be too late. 
      I'm not trying to make this a personal rant, but something to wake us up to take notice of this issue and work on finding a solution. I, like many others absolutely love this hobby. As well as the people it attracts. I want to see our area known for having a great environment for aquarium hobbyists so we can bring in better stores and maybe, just maybe host an actual national expo here!
      That being said, what do you all think we can do to bring this back? Do you agree with my thoughts on our dying culture here? And if so, help me to get this back on track! It will take a group to make this work so please help! 

Thank you! 
      Mick

• By milesmiles902
      Please bare with me for a second. We have a new image upload system and my html references to our image server might not be correct.
      Edit:
      POTM will close on 4/04/2017 at 12:00 am. Let the voting begin!
    • By badxgillen
       As many of you club members know we have a nice roster of reputable sponsors here on the PNWMAS forum, we don't have to look far for much around these parts. And I do enjoy giving different establishments my business, not only to increase my own aquariums diversity but so I can get a good idea of what said vendor has to offer. One of the most recent places I have had the pleasure of frequenting is a web site known as Zoanthids.com.  

A fellow Zoa collector Mr.Bret and I decided it was due time for a purchase and pulled the trigger on an order from the fine establishment. I had frequented the site many times but never made the actual buy, until recently. 

Very interesting shipping methods used here. Triple heat heat packs, wrapped, on top of styro peanut insulation, all inside a thick styrofoam container.

Within the shipping container was yet more containers in place of bags, each labeled with the name of the precious contents within...Mmmmm, Double Trouble.

After unscrewing the lids of the zoanthid compartments there was yet another form of insulation and protection for the polyps.

This little guy isn't going anywhere!

Pretty nifty idea right!?

As far as my purchases I had to have the Sun drops, Temptations, and Fairy Tales and Bret got the Monarchs and the Double Trouble zoas. We had only ordered one polyp of each but every frag we received was at least two or more heads. And, to top it all off  there was Two bonus freebie frags included in the order that we had no idea were coming. So Cool!!!

I am giving Zoanthids.com a thumbs up!

I need to get some pictures of the polyps with a decent camera, some of these are intricate and need a macro shot to truly enjoy them without being here in person...Bare with me here.