So....how hot did everyone's tank get this week?

Higher Thinking

So I realize a good number of people have AC or chillers, but for those not in that category, how hot did your tank get?

The worst of it was Friday when my tank peaked at 84°.....yikes! I definitely dropped in some ice packs immediately. I took some better measures the next day by using ice packs, leaving more windows open during the night, and aiming a huge fan at the tank nonstop to keep the temp down. Yesterday it was around 80° and today has been a respectable 77°. Lots of evaporation for sure!

How did everyone else do? It's supposed to be 100° this Friday!

In celebration of Tank Sunday, here's the recent FTS:

be412be7a29ffc3abe3e554936b66b5d.jpg

• Like 3

Luckily I have a chiller on the frag tank that's in our shed but the display got up to 85.4!! Lots of ice packs and a few hours later and it was back down to 79. Today it's been just staying in the 79-80 range. Hopefully it doesn't get to hot again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a lot of you would be surprised on how much these fish and coral can and will tolerate. I've had tanks in my old house that did the have ac, and the water temp would get well into the mid 80s and zero issues what so ever. Not to say things may not have been stressed, but no death.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think a lot of you would be surprised on how much these fish and coral can and will tolerate. I've had tanks in my old house that did the have ac, and the water temp would get well into the mid 80s and zero issues what so ever. Not to say things may not have been stressed, but no death.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

As with everything in this hobby. Slow is the key. I think they can hanfle a lot but nothing rapid!!!

• 11 months later...

The apex let me know that my dads tank got to 86[emoji51] and we were on vacation, luckily a friend was able to stop by and drop some ice in the tank. Gonna see the damage tonight, hope it's not to bad :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk