Vance164's first reef build 120g

Vance164

Well picked up these today for water storage. And it was a pain emptying the cooler every 40 minutes yesterday.

20160827_114026_zpshpaxa5u0.jpg

And it turns out the garden house threads right into a return pump I have just need to get a male to male adapter tomorrow and I'll be able to water the lawn with the waste water.

Got the male to male adapter.

20160828_105341_zpsepgwqm5a.jpg

Was almost the perfect amount of pressure.

20160828_105351_zpsdmwbvzqa.jpg

Edited by Vance164
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

So I have a question for everyone and maybe I just need to test with a different kit but I've been using the red Sea kit to watch my cycle on my rock a few weeks ago ammonia dropped to 0 and nitrite has been off the chart since. I feel like it should have dropped at least some now I'm guessing 3 weeks with no drop. Any ideas?

So I have a question for everyone and maybe I just need to test with a different kit but I've been using the red Sea kit to watch my cycle on my rock a few weeks ago ammonia dropped to 0 and nitrite has been off the chart since. I feel like it should have dropped at least some now I'm guessing 3 weeks with no drop. Any ideas?

Do a big WC, then test again in a couple of days.  Helps to mark off on a calendar - my memory is not the same as it use to be

Do a big WC, then test again in a couple of days.  Helps to mark off on a calendar - my memory is not the same as it use to be

Good advice!

My son's tank had almost three weeks of Nitrite, I was getting ready to get a second opininion at the LFS and it finally dropped.  

Good job on staying patient.

Do a big WC, then test again in a couple of days. Helps to mark off on a calendar - my memory is not the same as it use to be

OK I will try that the big wc won't affect the cycle. I know in fresh you don't want to but that may be due to the fact your not using ro water. I'm pretty sure it was on the 28th I have it written down on my white board just didn't look.