August Meeting!! Summer Barbecue Potluck!! Raffle and Frag swap!!!!

Emerald525

Okay sticking with the theme of supporting your local sponsors we will have a 50 dollar gift certificate to the original Premium Aquarium shop in Salem!! ????

Garrett has a great crew there and I have found many an unnamed coral colony that turned into a real gem!!

Just seeing his show tank with the ginormous Giga clam is worth the trip.

• Like 3

Okay to show some love to the north for all you reefers in the Couve we have something for you too!!

We have 2 25 dollar gift certificates to OIAB!! This is a nice shop with a lot of space. I love the way their fish and inverts are displayed.

It is under new ownership now so this would be a great way to get to know the new owner!!

More to come!!! I will be posting a new raffle item almost every day!!!

But wait there is more! Moving even further north! We have one 50 dollar gift certificate to Barrier Reef Aquariums. Anyone who makes a trip up to Seattle should stop by. His shop is in Renton. It is small but he has awesome displays Cy is also a really nice down to earth guy!

He has his second annual frag swap coming the day before the August meeting. He also has a great customer appreciation sale annually. 

More items to come!

• Like 1

Meeting is this Sunday!!! Anyone getting excited?... :cheer: 

As promised more raffle items! :yahoo: 

Next on the list is a 50 dollar gift certificate to Upscales! Travis has had his shop up for a very long time! He was one of the founding sponsors of this forum! 

For those who love SPS he has a nice selection and even has some named sps including the beautiful Upscales Microclados and he also had a lot to do with the Oregon tort and I have seen some nice pieces of oregon tort from time to time at his place!

50 dollars can get you some nice corals!

• Like 2

We are getting closer!

If you haven't already,  sign up here if you are bringing a side dish. There is by no means an obligation to do so :):

http://www.pnwmas.org/topic/38577-august-meeting-summer-bbq-food-sign-up/

Next up for raffle is the coral godfather himself Golden Basket Reef! Rudy has been around for over 20 years and has an amazing selection of corals. Often nationally known vendors buy from him. The other fun thing is you can often find "diamonds in the rough" so to speak such as an sps that has potential and watch it color up under your lighting. 

Check out his ebay store and definitely worth a trip in person if you have never been there! Here is a link to his ebay site

http://stores.ebay.com/Golden-Basket-Reef

• Like 1

For some reason I assumed a Red Sea 250 meant 250g. Lol welp.

Yeah that would be the logical thought!! [language filter] metric system!!???? It's 250 liters about 60 gallons! Big differnce huh????? Confused the hell out of me when I first went to Canada. I was like wow gas is cheap until we filled up the tank and realized they sell it by the liter!????

Okay everyone meeting is in just 2 days!!!!

Picked up 10 racks of seasoned pork ribs!! Mmmmm and Sirena got a steel fabricated rib holder from G2theram!!

Thanks Graham!!!

I have the avast portholes for those who went in on the group buy too!!

Bert will bring the sps and zoas for the winning bidder to the TFT auctions !!

And yet another raffle item !!! We will be raffling off two 25 dollar gift certificates to Seahorse aquarium !!!

Seahorse holds a special place in my heart because it is the first fish store I went to and where I learned a lot about taking care of a saltwater tank.

Woody was how I found this forum in the first place!! They just recently opened again and from what I could tell they had quite the selection on fish!!

This just keeps getting better !!!!

• Like 4

So I know it is late to ask but is anyone bringing trade frags? Should I bring anything in particular trade wise? 

I can bring Zoas, LPS, or some SPS if there will be some folks with corals to exchange.

I know I should have started a trade thread ahead of time but my world has been chaotic the last few weeks so it didn't get done.

• Like 1

Thanks again for hosting Kim and Sirena.  Had a great time - nice to put some faces to names here and pick up a gift certificate to boot (woot woot!).  Your tanks and home were both quite beautiful... thanks for sharing!  Oh yeah... the ribs were fantastic as well!  Also thanks to all who brought tasty items to share.  Hope to see you all next time.

• Like 5

Thanks again for hosting Kim and Sirena.  Had a great time - nice to put some faces to names here and pick up a gift certificate to boot (woot woot!).  Your tanks and home were both quite beautiful... thanks for sharing!  Oh yeah... the ribs were fantastic as well!  Also thanks to all who brought tasty items to share.  Hope to see you all next time.

It was very nice to meet you! Glad you finally got to see the inside of the house! Next time you stop at Ironhorse come and say hi if I am home! :)

Hey Kim, Victoria asked me a question about your tank and now I'm curious too. Why is there no corraline? Our tanks grow the stuff like it's going out of style, which can be very obnoxious to clean constantly. We just wanted to know if you never introduced it or did something to get rid if it.

Excellent question. There is no corraline in either tank because the tanks are both still fairly new. The red sea has only been up since May and the Seahorse tank was put up in July I think.