Is a good 5-stage RO System sufficient with city water?

katarian

One more question:

If I do end up getting a RODI, how often will I be replacing the resins? The unit I was looking at only comes with 1 cannister. And I will be only using the RODI water for my 55 gallon tank that I have.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

I think it depends on your local water. If you have high TDS water, they will run out a bit quicker. I think it also depends on the efficiency you want.

I have had mine about 3-4 years off of city water that comes in about 70 TDS (3-stage). My efficiency from the input/output has gone down over time, but it hasn't reached the 90% advised to exchange them. I think they do 92%.

Which one you looking at?

• Like 1

I think it depends on your local water. If you have high TDS water, they will run out a bit quicker. I think it also depends on the efficiency you want.

I have had mine about 3-4 years off of city water that comes in about 70 TDS (3-stage). My efficiency from the input/output has gone down over time, but it hasn't reached the 90% advised to exchange them. I think they do 92%.

Which one you looking at?

I am looking at Hurricane Home Reed RODI by Air, Water and Ice.

• Like 1

Good choice. I've heard those permeate pumps are pretty great to have. Let me know how it goes.

Since you are in Corvallis, if you need any RODI until then. Just PM me. I'll give you as much as you want.

Just placed the order today.

And I think we have been getting a TDS of around 50 in the tap water.

So the resins should last a very long time. And this unit comes with an onboard TDS meter, so I can keep an eye on the output TDS.

Just placed the order today.

And I think we have been getting a TDS of around 50 in the tap water.

So the resins should last a very long time. And this unit comes with an onboard TDS meter, so I can keep an eye on the output TDS.

Nice choice, with a TDS of 50 you'll be cruising for a long time. Resin cost about $40-50 for 5lbs so it's really nothing to worry about, especially with that low of TDS from the tap. Air Water Ice has great customer support also so your in good hands.

• Like 3

You should read a little more and understand some history. 40 years of professional experience shows most people don't need DI. It was common knowledge, before the internet came about and fancy groups like this we're created. We've keep 1000s of aquariums long term. The experience is vastly greater than most. That's not boosting, that's just facts.

Still just opinion, nothing scientific at all.