First Annual Oregon Reef Expo Pictures!

Emerald525

Tanks for teachers zoa rock my wife liked.

ee8749b4f59a456a05957cd70ffa4921.jpg

Rainbow Acan

74d664dca60f427d91c0fac36e5f946e.jpg

Pink flower pot my wife loves.

fe59fdcd7912fa1f2fa5352d53581f9f.jpg

Tanks for teachers piece, emerald will have to remind me what it is.

94a1e3174ca4ef756c5d0d9477f88ecf.jpg

Tanks for teachers piece, also need reminder what it is lol.

ac2515b87c8955416c4f5835f6c64b4b.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Edited by Aquanius
  • Like 1

I got this nice gold wall hammer from VE Reefs! Great guy !

02817AF2-20C8-4ADF-85AE-804BC08B85E9_zps

Got the purple people eaters and magicians from Bret and Softy ! Thanks Adam and Bret! You always has the best zoas and selection!

69B6FB29-C87B-4355-859F-C9F43A9F4F27_zps

Also got the JF I believe it was burning banana from Bret and Adam. . (On the left) it looks like a monti but I was told it was something else ! Very cool piece!And the mystic sunset monti on the right which is a classic! Also got the rainbow monti both from VW reef! Great color on his Montiporas!

7ED37812-2EC1-4B37-AF70-DC06CB709F36_zps

CB61CB05-EED4-421E-80A3-AEBE5BDA55F2_zps

• Like 3

5046b6dc3b327b0c839291db9b81599b.jpg806206ffef3345839526ad878ed40691.jpg

Scored a west side rainbow tort, JF grafted monti and a nice purple and red Yuma from the tft tank. Got the tabling fire milli from golden basket. Sorry for the blued out cell phone pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by rbeyer80

Oh you got the grafted cap! Very nice! I was eyeing that one. That's one Jeff from Cuttlefishandcoral bought and donated .

Once it grows out a bit I'm sure I might e able to send a piece your way [emoji4]

Once it grows out a bit I'm sure I might e able to send a piece your way [emoji4]

That would be great Rob! Look how bright it is even under the blues!! So many nice corals there! It was a good thing I was busy going back and forth or I would have been broke!

Tanks for teachers zoa rock my wife liked.

ee8749b4f59a456a05957cd70ffa4921.jpg

Rainbow Acan

74d664dca60f427d91c0fac36e5f946e.jpg

Pink flower pot my wife loves.

fe59fdcd7912fa1f2fa5352d53581f9f.jpg

Tanks for teachers piece, emerald will have to remind me what it is.

94a1e3174ca4ef756c5d0d9477f88ecf.jpg

Tanks for teachers piece, also need reminder what it is lol.

ac2515b87c8955416c4f5835f6c64b4b.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The first one is Atlantis shades of fall ! I can't remember the other one.

• Like 1

It was wild, I had to move a ton of my own corals to try and fit the new corals I got from various friends and the event itself  as well as the remainder of the tanks for teachers frags. And as any one who has been to my house knows I have very little to no room. BUT, I am pretty good at making things work out and thats what I did. This morning I did the download, edit,crop, and photobucket upload of all these awesome pics and boy were there alot of them to go through. As you can see it there are at least a few worth while shots in here.

Right off the bat we were greeted by several awesome PNWMAS members all being catered to by our good first lady Sirena, Thank You Sirena! Not only very nice of you but you did a fantastic job running the grill.

SAM_2460_zpssdficwxm.jpg

Not to sure who brought this tent but, Go Beavs!

SAM_2461_zpsi8dbwemv.jpg

Hey it's KKnight the fabulous Tanks for Teachers coordinator, another awesome member of our cub outside enjoying the beautiful day.

SAM_2581_zpsh2ltvmae.jpg

And boy was it a Beautiful day, just look at the sky and clouds, I think it was a cool 78-79 degrees. I took this picture of Eclipse but didn't want to crop it seeing as it shows the exact image you would see looking out the front of the Expo Door. I missed talking to a number of people in the madness and this was one of them. 

SAM_2583_zpsf5qifjyp.jpg

Mr Bret talkin reef with Jason Jox.And speaking of Mr. Bret.

SAM_2450_zpszbqghlif.jpg

As soon as you come into the door and look to your right you see...

SAM_2452_zpsb552zhrt.jpg

Mr Bret and Softies Amazing frag tank setup! No holds barred.

Bret%20and%20softies%20octo_zpsly2fg9qj.

FREAKING SWEET!

SAM_2449_zpsn3lbynqp.jpg

And directly to the left of that to bring in some SPS madness..Stump Town Corals!!! I mean just look at this Duel frag tank setup just stacked!

SAM_2455_zpsp20zrjwu.jpg[/url]

With the MattV there to give the low down on all the Stump Town Goods.

SAM_2446_zpshsyrbldj.jpg

Right after this is guest Jason Fox! Very cool of him to fly in with a fine batch of his signature corals for all of us here in Oregon to partake in. I wish I got a better picture but it seems this table was hard for me to get in for the right angle. But I assure you he had some intensely vibrant corals on hand that most certainly stand out.

VW%20Corals_zpseo2aklbg.jpg

VW Reef! This guy drove 16+ hours to be here with us at our first expo and as with all the rest of the vendors he delivered! Wicked rock anemones ontop of some quick selling acans, and zoas upon zoas of course. Very cool guy.

SAM_2444_zpsdkbpzkef.jpg

SAM_2438_zpswujm1u3l.jpg

Transitioning seamlessly from one tank to the next your eyes are guided by the neon colors of acrylic rods and fluorescent pigment proteins.

SAM_2586_zpsoyrgacbk.jpg

Then suddenly you look up and you are at a different table and vendor, the next in the line of tables was the Golden Basket itself with some choice frags in the frag tank and a plethora of additional ones on stand by. I don't have to tell you people Rudy has some fine pieces at reasonable prices.

SAM_2434_zps6x6bw8ul.jpg

OH SNAP!!! Its The Premium Aquarium here to represent! Another sponsor that never disappoints. And as you would expect they came packing a very varied variety of corals. Both of the TPA stores have or can order just about Anything you could want.

SAM_2436_zpskgnutrwz.jpg

I mean look at those clams and Euphylias! Krikey Those are Gorgeous! And speaking of clams.

SAM_2431_zpsafumhkyf.jpg

Last but certainly not the least one of our newest sponsors Pacific Corals. Gumby and Stylaster running the show down on this end. Looks like G2theram is onto something...Roy here just recently got back from Fiji with some "Gold"...Golden Maxima clams and acros!

I must say the Golden Basket facility was a perfect fit for this first Annual Expo, although it did get pretty filled up from time to time there was still enough room and vendor space to accommodate all the people wanting to purchase killer corals. There was even two people to each table so questions could be answered while frags were being bagged up.

SAM_2459_zpswvkypnmr.jpg

SAM_2457_zpsipmjknuu.jpg

As you can see the layout worked rather well, a whole row of vendors on one side and that continued down another row of coral goodness.

At the far end of the vendor row was our very own PNWMAS Club table were we setup a frag tank for coral donations.

SAM_2425_zpsrpfv73ah.jpg

All the proceeds made were going straight to the Tanks For Teachers program wich is a great cause.

SAM_2424_zpsxkg4yu6i.jpg

And as you may have guessed, with out Awesomely Amazing Club here, we did very well from all the corals donated. Big Applause for our Team PNWMAS!

Next to our end table was Daniel here representing his new Reefi Lighting system.

SAM_2421_zpsnrgaoiog.jpg

He 3D prints the casing and shrouds for his units so obviously these are assembled here not only in the US but right in our Oregon\Washington backyard. Always nice to see local innovations. I saw him doing a number of impressive demonstrations with his Reefi LED and I can tell you it certainly shamed a number of LED units I have seen.

SAM_2423_zpsov6t3ss8.jpg

Also looks like he has been working on the software\firmware updates allowing for smoother operation of various effects such as fine tuned single channel control, adjustable ramping up and down, and then this new sound connection.

Want more pictures!? Don't worry! I got em and I will be posting a few more here soon enough. Things were entertaining to say the least.

• Like 5

And now some members and cameos!

SAM_2426_zps4tmxpfj0.jpg

GUMBY!!! Always a pleasure chatting with you, I love it when a person gets all excited about a coralite rim and base growth color differences in acros. Its good to know I am not alone in the fascination.

SAM_2441_zpsgofkvcu1.jpg

Lexinverts making rounds, He has a good eye too hunting for the jewels in the rough...Good thing there was no coal here just gems.

SAM_2463_zpsob098oxt.jpg

Spectra chillaxin with Miles, KKnight, and Sirena in the background.

SAM_2468_zpsgywk13t8.jpg

Cherany swooping up on the nice LPS.

SAM_2465_zps9swu8orl.jpg

SAM_2478_zpsp9mik383.jpg

I think I see Paratore and a few others in there too.

SAM_2472_zpsy6iwnfsr.jpg

RByer did some volunteer work at the table, very cool and good company.

SAM_2475_zpsuzfafqyu.jpg

HEY! I Know You! Mandinga here making his way out to get people their corals. You know you just drop a line when you get a tank back up again and I am sure I can help out a little.

SAM_2487_zpsgy7r52v2.jpg

Nanoreefer making a donation, nice guy here...The guy in the background I am not so sure about...And I don't mean Spectra.

Just Kidding.

SAM_2493_zpsvckdxaww.jpg

HigherThinking made the drive out and brought out some nice corals too, then proceeded to spend more money. Commendable indeed, I approve.

SAM_2495_zpsxx7wo8uh.jpg

ANNNDDD Heeeres Jorge! He devoted a couple of his hours to our cause as well helping out at the frag tank table. What a guy, I bet being here without being able to snag things was torturous but you obviously have discipline and fortitude.

SAM_2500_zpsxlhznbjs.jpg

Bubbarockies and Reefer Madness both got corals that I am envious of but who didn't, I sense a trade in our future, I saw what was in that bag.

SAM_2504_zpsv2fm2o6i.jpg

The Zorro was also spotted at the Expo, you don't see the Zorro too often so it was a treat. Thank You Zorro!

SAM_2511_zps0reydwrz.jpg

Joanne our old Washington Friend made her way out from up north, maybe I will see you at the next Bob Moore.

SAM_2516_zps8hy39yrl.jpg

Garret himself was around for the event helping out the TPA crew and mingling with the like minded crowd. Its funny how many people this guys knows, every few people that would walk in would need to say hello. Just like at the shop right.

SAM_2510_zpscjdni8qq.jpg

The event even coaxed a few people out we don't normally see like Reefnjunky or Badguitarist here. Another very cool guy who loves his corals and fish.

SAM_2524_zpsfwb4pfe8.jpg

Fishoutofwater reporting for duty. Thanks for coming in man, all the help is appreciated slinging frags and taking cash.

SAM_2527_zps69rsbiho.jpg

Look At That ZOA! Its a couple zoa horders right here The Clark and Softy.

SAM_2528_zps7pl4e0jc.jpg

That was pretty funny though.

SAM_2616_zpsod5gtnpq.jpg

LCScott made a cameo too, really glad to see so many members attend, it was totally a meeting in the expo at the same time.

• Like 4

Wow Bert!! Lots of great pictures! And yes Miles this event was a blast and Holly and I like to both ham it up for the camera so that can get dangerous!!!

Thanks Bert for posting these pictures! Love love love your pictures and the commentary!! Always!! Thanks for always going above and beyond yet staying humble!! You are truly an asset to this club!!

Thanks Rudy and Mattv for making this happen! We gotta do it next year and build on it to make it even bigger!!!

• Like 3

My goodies! I only went over my guestimated budget by 250%. [emoji23]

DSC_7127sm.jpg

The goniopora is so bright, it blinds my camera! My kind of coral. :happy:

DSC_7130sm.jpg

Everyone did a fantastic job putting this on! I'm already looking forward to the next one. :applause:

How did I miss that sun coral??? Beautiful! I got a couple of those green gonis from VW, too. I love them. And a special Shout Out to Roy for donating that beautiful brain coral and you for buying it.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My goodies!  I only went over my guestimated budget by 250%.  :laugh:

DSC_7127sm.jpg

The goniopora is so bright, it blinds my camera! My kind of coral.  :happy:

DSC_7130sm.jpg

Everyone did a fantastic job putting this on! I'm already looking forward to the next one.  :applause:

That's a nice haul! I love that Scolymia!

• Like 1

How did I miss that sun coral??? Beautiful!

It was in Roy's tank of goodies from Tonga. I'm feeding it as I type this; I have it in a container outside the tank with mysis raining down on it. Trying to train a good feeding response so I can eventually feed in-tank without a mess.

No thank you Rudy it was a great time!

Woo Hoo I won Rudys Raffle to........Jorge texts me you lucky dog I did not even know as I don't do facebook and well kind of forgot about it actually :rolleyes: Light will go to good use over  Mrs Spectras tank :laugh:

Edited by spectra
  • Like 4