yellowseahorseguy

Seahorse guy moved from SoCal

Greetings Everyone!

I'm so excited to join this society! My name is TJ. I've relocated from LA. I was introduced to you folks from Tom at Upscales Fish & Reptiles LLC. I don't have any equipment just yet but starting super slow on my build. As a start, I'm buying a 60gal acrylic from Tom on friday, then I think I'm gonna build my stand, maybe build a sump. But more to come on the build. I'd like to just start small. 

My experience was with breeding seahorses. I've had 5 species. In my fish room, I had 6 100-120 gallon tanks running separately. I've used all sumps with fuges, skimmers, UV and plummed them. 

What brings me on here, is I hope to be a part of your community as I can talk about fish for DAYS... So, my goal is to get this one up and running. 

I'm going to attach some of the builds, but I don't know how to decrease the sizes...if you're interested in some of the tanks i've had... i'm happy to send them to you!

Hopefully you guys get a sense of who I am as a reefer. If any of you need help moving tanks or anything of the sort, hit me up, I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Until then, I look forward to talking and getting to know all of you!

• Like 5

Welcome! Glad to have a seahorse expert. I went to a talk about seahorses and ended up with a mated pair of H. Erectus that I am moving into their own seahorse tank.

• Like 1

Welcome to the PNWMAS. I think I remember you from a different site? I'm Kevin from Seahorse.org, Pledosophy most other places ;). I was in Anaheim for a long time and active in the clubs there, but have been up here for the last 10 years or so.

I kept/bred seahorses for 13-14 years. Fun animals.

Are you going to setup for seahorses or go reef in the 60? Either way hit me up when you get going. I have a few frags and some extra equipment to help ya out if need be.

Posting pictures works best if you link from external sites.

Welcome to Portland.

Edited by pledosophy
  • Like 1

Welcome! Seahorses are in my future, but probably not the near future. Would love to try barbouri horses in a reef one day!

Looking forward to seeing your build, and we're glad to have you here!

• Like 1

Welcome! Glad to have a seahorse expert. I went to a talk about seahorses and ended up with a mated pair of H. Erectus that I am moving into their own seahorse tank.

Awesome, let me know if I can help! You might want to start collecting 2 liter bottles of coke! You need about three! For the babies!

Welcome!

I am just getting into seahorses. I'll have a tank thread up soon.

Hey let me know! It's great to have a species only tank. Whats the size? Are you getting captive bred? It's probably the best way to go! Let me know if I can help with the build.

Welcome to the PNWMAS. I think I remember you from a different site? I'm Kevin from Seahorse.org, Pledosophy most other places ;). I was in Anaheim for a long time and active in the clubs there, but have been up here for the last 10 years or so.

I kept/bred seahorses for 13-14 years. Fun animals.

Are you going to setup for seahorses or go reef in the 60? Either way hit me up when you get going. I have a few frags and some extra equipment to help ya out if need be.

Posting pictures works best if you link from external sites.

Welcome to Portland.

OH I'm definitely on Seahorse.org with Tami! I look forward to meeting you!

Awesome, let me know if I can help! You might want to start collecting 2 liter bottles of coke! You need about three! For the babies!

I am not planning on trying to raise the babies because it sounds like a lot of work and round the clock care. You're more than welcome to try though. ????

Greetings Everyone!

I'm so excited to join this society! My name is TJ. I've relocated from LA. I was introduced to you folks from Tom at Upscales Fish & Reptiles LLC. I don't have any equipment just yet but starting super slow on my build. As a start, I'm buying a 60gal acrylic from Tom on friday, then I think I'm gonna build my stand, maybe build a sump. But more to come on the build. I'd like to just start small. 

My experience was with breeding seahorses. I've had 5 species. In my fish room, I had 6 100-120 gallon tanks running separately. I've used all sumps with fuges, skimmers, UV and plummed them. 

What brings me on here, is I hope to be a part of your community as I can talk about fish for DAYS... So, my goal is to get this one up and running. 

I'm going to attach some of the builds, but I don't know how to decrease the sizes...if you're interested in some of the tanks i've had... i'm happy to send them to you!

Hopefully you guys get a sense of who I am as a reefer. If any of you need help moving tanks or anything of the sort, hit me up, I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Until then, I look forward to talking and getting to know all of you!

http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/yellowseahorseclub/slideshow/The%20Barbs%20120%20Gallon%20Captive%20Bred%20Tank

Edited by yellowseahorseguy

Hey let me know! It's great to have a species only tank. Whats the size? Are you getting captive bred? It's probably the best way to go! Let me know if I can help with the build.

I'm going to get a couple of pairs of captive bred H. erectus and probably a few pipefish.

The tank is a 45 gallon Red Sea E-170. I may hit you up for some breeding pointers at some point.

You should get it through Dan at Seahorsesource.com

He and Abbey are great! Erectus are amazingly easy if you have a method. Pipefish captive bred are from Ocean Rider. Let me know I'm happy to help.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

You should get it through Dan at Seahorsesource.com

He and Abbey are great! Erectus are amazingly easy if you have a method. Pipefish captive bred are from Ocean Rider. Let me know I'm happy to help.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Thanks! We actually have a local source of captive bred Erectus. TPA in Salem and TPA WIlsonville stock captive bred Erectus that are bred in Newport by Colby (can't remember his name on this forum). You should stop by and check them out.

Some of my old tanks in Cali...d49060459056802bff953c1828dfd82f.jpg

65a599e9e07c8f2f22fd1723e1d40b38.jpg

4de4a2cd8459f126ff008a05bde7b97a.jpg

Some of my species... H. Comes, H. Kuda

224c360afab9d68cfbf2e4fef368be05.jpg4fc800864e20d71dfe68d7fb76a44bc3.jpgcb6e00dd0e30b3d470aed84e4866d960.jpg46d6d4a46e4bef617528f231fd24193f.jpg

H. Barbouri

c289716f4ab6b11fbc750f7c6e410b27.jpg5c4519c79288e7934da007f0a7cd6b71.jpgedf95b51469aec288128a0f17b1bc495.jpg

My spotted Mandarin... 7177fe35bf24f2be5bfa7e51d7bb4780.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by yellowseahorseguy
  • Like 1

Are those your current tanks or back in SoCal? Because they are "da bomb"

They are the ones that I had in SoCal. But I'm looking to do that here. Too..

I am not planning on trying to raise the babies because it sounds like a lot of work and round the clock care. You're more than welcome to try though.

Lol they are a lot of work. But what type of seahorses? I know a few people that take in babies but the window is less first two days. After that it's tough to keep the brood.