Seahorse tank!

Emerald525

Thanks Jeff (I think) for the great deal on the Nuvo cylinder tank.

At the June meeting I bought seahorses for Sirena and she wants them upstairs so I will slowly take down the Nuvo 20 I have.

It's going in the kitchen because she soends a lot of time there!

It's a pretty cool tank!

Here's a picture !

DC9FED81-2E21-4FCF-AA39-49792C1ED496_zps

EEC7A874-B97C-44E2-B7CB-3824DE74A1F0_zps

• Like 6

Very cool! I'm guessing it's an AIO setup with the flat back panel. Wonder if they make one without the AIO panel for a jelly tank....

Very nice place for a tank! Can't wait to see it stocked. Some dwarfs and a bluestripe pipefish would be sweet. Some NPS corals would be cool too...

I need one!

Edited by chewie
  • Like 2

whoa thats cool! Never knew they had those.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

He just got them in recently.  I saw it on his counter and thought they were so cool. He has the drop off tank too but I like this better.

Ha ha. We've all got seahorses on the brain. I picked up my seahorse tank yesterday from Jeff too.

Did you get the same tank? After that talk from Colby at the last meeting, I have a feeling a lot of us are going to have seahorses now.

Very cool! I'm guessing it's an AIO setup with the flat back panel. Wonder if they make one without the AIO panel for a jelly tank....

Very nice place for a tank! Can't wait to see it stocked. Some dwarfs and a bluestripe pipefish would be sweet. Some NPS corals would be cool too...

I need one!

Yes you do! And yes nps would be cool. I have always loved the Gorgonians just afraid they wouldn't do well. I already have seahorses in a 24 nuvo. They are H. Erectus so I worry that this will be too small for them but right now they are small so they should be good for a while in here.  

Yes it's an AIO with a flat back panel. It's 12 gallons total. I liked how everything looked so much bigger in the tank.

Excited that you got it. They are a really fun tank. The seahorses I keep in it are super happy.

Ha ha! It could be dangerous letting Sirena go without me into your store! Thanks for holding the purple tang for me too! I'm excited I got it too!

Congratz on a beautiful tank Kim! Did you keep seahorse before?? When i started the hobby, i wanted a seahorse tank. I read all the research but ended up being a stickhead hahaha

I have never kept seahorses before but after talking to Colby they are not as difficult as you think. You could in theory keep them in your reef as they do fine with higher flows. You just have to make sure they are target fed as they are slow feeders with small stomachs.

H. Erectus are very hardy as long as you get captive bred. Captive bred are trained to eat frozen usually mysis. Wild caught are usually weak and frail by the time they make it to the fish store and often will only eat live food.

I was keeping them downstairs in my QT tank but Sirena wanted them upstairs and I really liked the new tank Jeff has so here we are now with 3 tanks lol but I will be breaking down the 20 and transferring most of it to the seahorse tank and my reefer 250.

• 2 weeks later...

You had the opportunity to take those beautiful seahorses from Jeff and you didn't?? Wish I had that kind of will power! Lol

I don't know he would actually part with them but PLEASE!!! PLEASE! Talk some sense into Sirena about that !!!! ????????????

She said no to the possibility!!✋????

She was afraid Fred and Ginger would get their feelings hurt that they didn't make the cut!????????????